1/32 Trumpeter F4F-3 Wildcat: 3/21/2017 Final Update

Joel_W

Love it Joel, beautifully weathered. That island-sun-faded look is hard to do and you've done it well.

Jim

Jim,

Thank you so much for those accolades on the finish. It's very much appreciated.

Joel 

I think so, Joel. For RFI pictures, I would appreciate your finished model at a higher resolution (or at least a link to one). Take a look at Doog's builds (albeit, his pictures tend to be larger than normal even at the WIP, but I personally prefer them in the WIP and the RFI and I don't have blazing a Internet connection. I'm willing to wait for good stuff..).

Edited by Shaka HI

Brilliant Joel. If I may be so bold as to make one small remark. If I could change one thing, I would have flattened the bottom of the tires a bit. to create the impression that the wheels are carrying some weight. 

Edited by Gerhard

Brilliant Joel. If I may be so bold as to make one small remark. If I could change one thing, I would have flattened the bottom of the tires a bit. to create the impression that the wheels are carrying some weight. 

Gerhard,

The tires are the kit ones, which are a type of rubber, so flat spotting them is impossible. Ultracast is out of stock on the Resin wheels, so I temp used the kit ones.

And thank you for taking the time to stop by and checkout the finished F4F-3. Your comment is greatly appreciated.

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

Joel, an absolutely amazing build, sir.

A comment on the tires.  The US Navy operated from aircraft carriers and as a result, carrier aircraft had their tires inflated way past what the Air Farce would normally use.   It won't give you that "Million Dollar Ride" as Packard used to say, but it'll prevent blowouts, bounces, and squirrely handling on carrier decks.

I'd keep them just as they are, or if you were so inclined, a very, very, VERY small flat spot on the bottom.

If the aircraft is land based, I do believe they let some pressure out, so if that's the case, please disregard..

Ernie,

Thanks so much for stopping and having a look at the finished Cat. Don't know if I'd go so far as to say it's an amazing build. But it sure had its challenges and pit falls.   I'm quite humbled that you think it is so, especially for my 1st LSP build.

Joel

Joel- An excellent build my friend. Love the finished product. Looking forward to what is next from you! Something japanese to balance her out, perhaps?

Take Care Mate-

THOR    :ninja:

Thor,

Thanks so much my friend for checking out the completed F4F-3. I'm really glad that you liked what you saw.

For my next build, I originally decided on the Trumpeter A-4E Scooter, and the model is actually on my workbench, but I'm just not into building it just yet. I've been interested in the Special Hobbies P-36A, and I ordered the kit a few days ago from Sprue Brothers. So at this point, that's my next build. I'm taking the time off from actually building till it gets here as a mini vacation, as I've been building something daily for the last several years with no break between builds.  The focus will be on a NMF, and painting as many marking as possible rather then decaling. 

At least that's the plan as of now, but just ask Pete, next to him, no one changes their mind as much as I do. :doh: 

Joel

• 1 month later...