Sold out!

LSP_Mike

Excuse my ignorance, but does this company only do one run of a subject?

I've seen a couple of threads about their kits selling out.

Cheers.

Cheers.

Yes.

But they "may" re-issue kits as special offers, part of  boxing of 2-3 kits. So not cheap.

Cheers.

For the most part, that is correct, Dale. The have been known to re-release some subjects in special boxings though. If and when you regain feeling in your hands, you should pick one up. They're gems.

I've only bought the WNW kits that appeal to me, so, no Roland Walfisch, but two Roland single seaters. If the WNW subject appeals to you, maybe you ought to buy one. It, like all other model kits can be resold if you change focus or interest.

I've only bought the WNW kits that appeal to me, so, no Roland Walfisch, but two Roland single seaters. If the WNW subject appeals to you, maybe you ought to buy one. It, like all other model kits can be resold if you change focus or interest.

Eminently sensible advice Mike. I wish I had followed it.

I'd add that Wingnut Wings kits tend to hold their value very well, certainly compared to every other manufacturer. You can sell on kits for not much less than you paid, and  kits can gain £stupid once they go OOP.  Look at the RE.8 - On 10th April, one sold on EBay for £261.10, plus £17 postage. Around $350, and that's with a weak £.

Checking my WNW receipt from Dec 2012, I paid $89 for mine. That's just under a 300% margin. At a time when base rates are below 1%.

Nut's.

This is what I bought on that order:

32012 - 1/32 RE.8 'HARRY TATE'  $89.00 USD 1 $89.00 USD
32004 - 1/32 Bristol F.2b Fighter     $79.00 USD 1 $79.00 USD
32001 - 1/32 Junkers J.1                 $79.00 USD 1 $79.00 USD
32019 - 1/32 Pfalz D.XII                   $65.00 USD 1 $65.00 USD
32022 - 1/32 Roland D.VIa              $65.00 USD 1 $65.00 USD
32006 - 1/32 Pfalz D.IIIa                  $65.00 USD 1 $65.00 USD
Shipping                                           $0.00 USD 1 $0.00 USD

Those were the days. I should have bought more RE.8's. Hindsight is wonderful.

Guest The Southern Bandit

The Re8 is, I think a very much coveted WNW kit. As to production status, it is sold out, and there are no indicators it will be back in another iteration. Of course, WNW released TWO Felixstowe flying boats with not even a blip on the radar, and brought the W. 29 back into production at the same time. Anyones guess at this point. If you want a DVII, get it now, and go to WNW home page to get the specific factory sprue to do a particular version, then you have it. If you want a Roland, start searching the web stores to find one in stock.

Thanks Mike, reason I asked was ... I actually have the WnW Harry Tate RE.8 and not overly fussed by it, may sell it or auction it off on Ebay soon to make way for the forthcoming Taube, dose anyone know when this is released?

Guest The Southern Bandit
Look at the RE.8 - On 10th April, one sold on EBay for £261.10, plus £17 postage. Around $350, and that's with a weak £.

Wow, definitely going to put mine on Ebay soon

Wow, definitely going to put mine on Ebay soon

I'd do it sooner, rather than later - I feel WNW will release it again as a boxed set, or a special at some point.

Chuck it on EBay with a 99p starting price, to finish at 9PM on a Sunday evening, then sit back and watch the bids escalate in the last 10 seconds.

Eminently sensible advice Mike. I wish I had followed it.

I'd add that Wingnut Wings kits tend to hold their value very well, certainly compared to every other manufacturer. You can sell on kits for not much less than you paid, and  kits can gain £stupid once they go OOP.  Look at the RE.8 - On 10th April, one sold on EBay for £261.10, plus £17 postage. Around $350, and that's with a weak £.

Checking my WNW receipt from Dec 2012, I paid $89 for mine. That's just under a 300% margin. At a time when base rates are below 1%.

Nut's.

This is what I bought on that order:

32012 - 1/32 RE.8 'HARRY TATE'  $89.00 USD 1 $89.00 USD
32004 - 1/32 Bristol F.2b Fighter     $79.00 USD 1 $79.00 USD
32001 - 1/32 Junkers J.1                 $79.00 USD 1 $79.00 USD
32019 - 1/32 Pfalz D.XII                   $65.00 USD 1 $65.00 USD
32022 - 1/32 Roland D.VIa              $65.00 USD 1 $65.00 USD
32006 - 1/32 Pfalz D.IIIa                  $65.00 USD 1 $65.00 USD
Shipping                                           $0.00 USD 1 $0.00 USD

Those were the days. I should have bought more RE.8's. Hindsight is wonderful.

I've paid my Harry Tate 145€ shipping incl. A reasonable price for a kit that was OOP. My Albatros D.Va was bought while it was still in production, so at the normal price rate. But it never came up in my mind to sell those kit's for a much higher price then for what i payed for, after all, when i buy a certain kit, i will build it, sooner or later, no matter what the value at the moment is.

That's why i recently bought the Fokker D.VII and Albatros B.II, two really wanna -have's......so i'm sure when they are OOP. A other wanna have is the Felixstowe, but this has another story. I simply don't have the space to put it once it's build, so it's a no go for me, even with the knowledge when once they are OOP they will sit in a very high value state.

The LVG C.VI was also a model which i wanted in my collection. At the moment i learned to know WNW it was all ready OOP, so a missed opportunity. Still i searched and wanted that model, but every time i found one on the www. it was out of price range. I simply refuse to pay ridiculous prices for a kit, just to know it is OOP. When the news came it was released in a duelist boxing together with a Camel i jumped right on it. That said, WNW surprised us modelers every time again and again, and i'm sure they will keep doing that......so patience for the Harry Tate, it's an hot item and it will re-appear in the future with who know's what surprise.....

Greetz

Danny

Yes.

But they "may" re-issue kits as special offers, part of  boxing of 2-3 kits. So not cheap.

Thanks Dean.

For the most part, that is correct, Dale. The have been known to re-release some subjects in special boxings though. If and when you regain feeling in your hands, you should pick one up. They're gems.

Yeah they have an amazing reputation. I had a look at their site and they have some great subjects. I still have some cash for model stuff from my snare drum. Perhaps I should get one.

I think feeling is coming back. Possibly over 30% now. I am getting a little in my feet too. :)

Think positive and prepare to be ready to build one. :)

In all the WnW "Sold Out" brouhaha, is everyone assuming that all the offerings have the SAME initial production run? After all, the molds didn't go anywhere, as evidenced by recent re-releases. Is WnW just waiting to see what sells?