Luftwaffe graveyard shift

Hey Dave your getting quite good at this :lol: Seriously mate thats a great job your doing there and it's mighty impressive.

Graham.

Fantastic work man, that is absolutely great scratchbuilding you are doing there.

Thanks guys always like to hear what you have to say B) :)

Still working on the Wheel wells but in between l been doing the tail as well.

post-542-1203352030.jpg

Airfix gives you a good representation of the tail wheel. all the parts that need to be there are there. The only thing is the wheel well lack detail.

post-542-1203352236.jpg

here is what l got so far. l may decide to alter it by cutting off the kit hydralic jack and replacing it with a brass one but the jury still out on this but its leaning heavily towards doing that

post-542-1203352436.jpg

post-542-1203352448.jpg

l build the interior to better represent what you would find when the access door of the tail is opened. Using drawings l have l was able to construct this as prototypical as l could

post-542-1203352463.jpg

l kept checking to see if the tail wheel assemble fits properly

post-542-1203352486.jpg

l even dry fitted the other fuselage half on to make sure everything fit and it looks proper

Well back to the wheel wells. Hopefully l will have those done and move on to the wing gun bays.

later

post-542-1203395296.jpg

post-542-1203395313.jpg

post-542-1203395566.jpg

here is my scratch build details for the upper gun bays. l notice in the pics there is one or two mistakes l have to rectify in the morning but all in all l think it came out good.

Well thats all for now

later

I'm seriously impressed Hacker. That is insanely good. I've pretty much tried to do the same thing on an A6 (another incomplete build) but have 'put it on the backburner'...I made some big errors. Looks pretty but wrong. :-(

I think becasue I tried to do it and understand how well this kit doesn't fit ( sloppy joints etc) it impresses me more and more.

No skype ATM...used up all my bandwidth downloading torrents :rolleyes: Will be online la proxima semana.

cya :-))

thanks for you input guys it is always appreciated. :lol: :lol:

post-542-1204163053.jpg

post-542-1204163067.jpg

post-542-1204163077.jpg

l have been working on the rear fuselage and l thought l would give you a look at what l have done so far. l have put in the ribs and the stringer then made the fuel tank and the gyroscope. l tried to detail it up as best l could according to the info l have. l hope this meets with your approval.

Anyways it wont be long before the paint starts flying. :P :lol:

later

HI You are doing a great job adding all the detail. Lookin Good

Yes, watching this excellent build avidly (as I have one of these Wulfs in the stash and [simpler] plans for it.) Would you mind saying something about how you did the fuel tank, Hacker? The shape where the fuselage curves round looks intricate, am interested in knowing how you made it look that neat...

Patrick

l did some rework on the cockpit. l replaced the black wire with some solder that was of better diameter and more easy to use. l got it from a freind who didnt want it but l sure did.

post-542-1204597498.jpg

post-542-1204597514.jpg

l did some painting on it during the weekend. l painted it RLM 66 and did some detail painting. l still have to do some dry brushing on it but at the moment this is how far l am with it.

l got more painted then this but at the moment l am working on it so maybe tomorrow l will have some pics for you.

later