"JURASSIC PLASTIC ROCKS ........BYE GEORGE

marauderdriver

In a word, No.  But please continue to check once in a while.

jack   :coolio:

I LOVE FREEDOM!!.   I agree 100% There will be at least 5 OOB Captured Japanese Fighters in this Collection, possibly 7.

But I'm building them the way I want too. I have other pains in the ass kits and conversions in the stash to

keep my blood pressure up. These have been FUN....and HEY!.Are We Having FUN YET!!! :punk:  :punk:  :punk:  :punk:

Fun? Fun? Is that how we spell self-flagellation these days? 

This reminds me of a guy I knew years ago.  We were both hot on fire engine models he sold me some extras he had and to save on shipping costs and since we both worked in New York City we met at the New York City Fire Museum to complete the transaction and to see the wonderful collection of fire engines.  What a great way to spend an afternoon! 

My fellow modeler was making a full squadron of a noted WW2 German fighter pilot in 1/48 scale.  His way was to glue the parts together, leaving out unnecessary details, but painting in all the colors and markings of each aircraft at a specific time during the war.  He was unconcerned with not only the fine details but also the niceties of making the models. Like he would not try to blend the join seams of the fuselage very well - just sand down the ridges. That was his way and fit his interests. 

We all have our own ways of making models.

By the way, in model railroading we tend to concentrate on doing the parts we like to do, not all of them. A guy would make a model railroad layout and if he liked making the trains would find another modeler who preferred to do houses to build his buildings.  In a club some guys would build their specialties for all the other guy's layouts and others would do the same for the parts he did not like to do.  So every guy's layout was a collaborative effort. If one guy likes to do the track work what happens once he is done on his layout? He goes over and does the same type of work on the other member's layout. It is a win-win situation. 

I am not saying we should do that with our static plastic model airplanes; I am merely pointing out that there is more than one way of making models.That way we can all increase our fun in this hobby.

Stephen

Thanks All for lookin'in  on this little dilemma.   after careful study I decided to glue the spine from

rear of pit to the base of the tail.  Now fitting the cockpit helps support the whole assembly. So gluing

the vertical around to the tail wheel well is my next step.  Have to pull the pit out and finish it and Keep On Truckin'MJLGZk1.jpgcQSqBAh.jpgBOJXr3d.jpgiN6lvTV.jpgfONF6Ly.jpg

I think proper sequencing in the manipulation of the parts, with an equal supporting structure,

will come together to result in a success in the endeavor of bringing all joins to a smooth convergence.

Does this have anything to do with what I'm seeing behind the Tamiya Extra Thin?

Yep !!.......Harv :popcorn:

Thank You Harv.....I can always count on your   deep understanding of the drivel that I put out there on occasion! jack

Does this have anything to do with what I'm seeing behind the Tamiya Extra Thin?

Hope So! ..You think I could've written that without it?..Course if you leave the cap loose on the Tamiya ET, you get about the same result.....TRUST ME! :punk:  :punk: 

Ummm, what? 4th grade Engrish, prease!

So Sorry......If I get all of this crap squeezed, glued, held, dry, in the right order, then I won't have a Huge gap to fill.

Good spot!!!

It's ..eh..eh....friend o'mines....eh....eh....I don't do THAT...eh....eh... :coolio: