Revell P-38J

LSP_Ron

Holy smokes, I didn't see this tread until now. Wow, wow. I had a garage full of built and purchased 1:32 when I lived in Memphis a short while. This is what I want to be doing once I get back stateside. Well done Ron! Love the marking too! A smoking P-38.

Troy

Ron,

Nice build and she's looking great!  Nice to do a quick build and have it turn out so well.   You put down that yellow perfectly - so smooth.  I'm beginning to think there is something to just building these older kits the way the manufacturer made them originally.  Very satisfying to get through a build and get to the fun part - paint and decals - and have it turn out so well like yours.

I'm also awestruck at the size of your paint-booth.  That has to be half again the size of mine.  Where did you get that from?

Can't wait to see the next update.

Chris

Thanks guys,  yes I agree Chris.  Building them the old school way like I would have as a kid but using skills I've learned since being a kid as actually be very rewarding.

My paint boot is made by the airbrush company Paasche. 

Cheers.

Thanks,

All done,  this is how I remember this kit as a kid in the 70's.  Our neighbor built it as something to do in the evening and it sat on their coffee table.  I used to admire it without touching.  

This was one of the funnest builds I've done in the last 20 years.  No worries on final finish or fit, just get it built to a degree where it looked good and enjoy painting and decaling.  I am not going to weather it aside from the chipping and exhaust stains I've already done.

Get yourself an old Revell kit and build it free hand not being anal on fit and finish.  You'll enjoy the break! trust me.

This one will be my first ceiling hanger but it might be the most fun I've had in at least 20 years,  did I repeat myself?....

Ron

xO6KqfA.jpg

JuWhUcw.jpg

V3CULej.jpg

This GB was the kick in the butt that I needed.  I finished two builds here start to finish and got the mojo to finish my B-25.

I've built more in the last three months than I have in the last two years.

Cheers Dan, this GB is a tribute to you and it pulled me out of a rutt.

I'm going to leave it at that.

:beer4:

RIP Mate!

Ron

Guest Peterpools

HI Ron

Way to go and your P-38 look so good. Yup, you found the juice and mojo and what a fantastic ideas.

When I finish my ZM Owl, I'm going to be taking a break and following your example of a fun, no stress and Go Get 'em build

Super work

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Peter