Airfix 1:24 Bf109E-3

Chris Wimmer

Chris is back!, excellent start and great base for super detailing of your style. :) I will follow with interest.

Cheers

Martin

Good stuff.  Great show.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks so much for your kind words, folks! Really hope to do them justice...   :popcorn:

cheers

Chris

Think I've got the starboard sidewall done now.

I have replaced the startup fuel pump as I found that the kit part was too far off the real thing:

IMG_2765_zpsycvtubfl.jpg

Anlaszligkraftstoffpumpe_zpsmaiz625j.jpg

Here's the new one and also the finished breathing apparatus. I added a placard decal and replaced the hose by a guitar string:

IMG_2771_zpsp2mhm1ji.jpg

IMG_2772_zpsu9kzaoem.jpg 

IMG_2776_zpsmkigfewq.jpg

Thanks for your visit  :)

Chris

Thank you Tim, Boris, Big Texan and Alain!  :)

Well, there definately were a lot of fuel pipes around as the poor pilot was literally sitting on the fuel tank! Can hardly imagine that this was a good feeling  :wacko:

tank1a_zpsehngfnc5.jpg

e_floor.installed_zps76f60edq.jpg

I'm busy with preparing the fuselage. I considered reworking the whole exhaust section, but didn't want to destroy these lovely screws. So I carefully removed the exhaust stacks and will replace them later by.........eeh......no idea!................... :whistle: 

ex1_zpsipuoylqn.jpg

IMG_2778_zps2jvljgjt.jpg

IMG_2781_zpsgjthpmff.jpg

Thanks for looking in  :)

Chris

You've done a great job on the cockpit.  Now I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the engines and exhaust.  I haven't built one of these since the 70's and had completely forgotten how sparse the detail was on this kit, but you're making a great job of it.

Cheers,

Michael

• 2 months later...

Hello Everybody!

Haven't been in the mood for doing anything in the past months. Got a problem with my left hand and not really looking forward to having surgery at the end of march. However, here's the good news:  :)

The kit IP comes in four parts and I've seen some on the web which were very nicely done. Nevertheless I decided to go for some PE:

IMG_2524_zpsn9en7tdx.jpg

IMG_2798_zpsj7etfx9w.jpg

IMG_2805_zpsrbq4ktor.jpg

The PE set does not provide levers and switches. I made them from sheet styrene, wire and the light hardening glue again.

IMG_2842_zpscpwiljsb.jpg

IMG_2845_zpsjmxwyta4.jpg

Lower IP installed, the now completed pedals are visible below.

IMG_2847_zpszihp7l3u.jpg

IMG_2846_zpsoa4pzojn.jpg

Also completed the seat and made the belts from lead foil. After spraying three layers of Mr. Hobby flat clear they're still too glossy to my taste... :hmmm:

IMG_2848_zpstiab63to.jpg

Thanks for looking in!  :)

Chris

Edited by Chris Wimmer