Revell 1/32 F-14A Tomcat VF-21

r0t0rdr1ver

I always have a hard time focusing on one build at a time, so I'll enter this one as well in addition to the Mustang. Another great oldie in the form of Revell's F-14 Tomcat. I have the Wolfpack speedbrake and refueling probe, Phoenix pitot/AOA probes, Teknics cockpit, Black Box cockpit, Quickboost seats, Eduard etch, HAD etch, Zacto AIM-9's, Brassin AIM-7's, and hopefully Eli's new Tomcat decals to do an early VF-21 bird. This will be done in-flight, with a neat idea for a stand that I'll reveal a bit later.

516-1_zpsr8i7shcg.jpg

Edited by r0t0rdr1ver

fantastic - doing the same but later boxing.

That pic sure brings back the memories though - seeing that kit brand new on the shelf of my local hobby shop - think I was maybe 12 or thereabouts. I just had to have it - eventually it was obtained and slapped together in a frenzy. Pretty sure I painted it with those old Floquil railroad spray cans - the topside in dead flat concrete gray, the undersides in about 20 coats of reefer white. You probably could get high off the fumes of the painted model a year after the build....

Good times :)

I've made some minor progress on this one also. After test fitting some of the resin cockpit bits from both the Teknics and BB sets, I've decided to only use a couple pieces. I don't feel like fighting with alot of resin on this build.

Considering I'm doing this in flight, I ended up deciding to use a Tamiya cockpit tub and panels improved with Eduards etch set. The fit is actually not bad...

07BD496D-8A19-427B-A9E6-FDCF999D8579_zps

4A616112-30AC-45F9-A9F1-DC1371E42110_zps

C54D08F3-EC10-4DE5-A4FA-526444C2B37F_zps