F-4C Phantom II - Tamiya 1/32

Memir

I absolutely love the weathering.  I see some models where the weathering is way overdone and I thought that was the case at first glance.  After scrolling through the pics I realized just how well it was done.  It's so hard sometimes to make heavily weathered aircraft look to scale in a model but you have done a masterful job...

So you must do a build thread next time :)

Bryan

Very nicely finished model - the colour tones, the semi-visible older markings, the metal work - all look great.

I've seen photos of other 497 TFS 'planes in a very similar condition to the way your model depicts, and the amazing thing is how well they clean up after the battle.

I've a photo of your '7683 flying with the Oregon ANG in 1987, in the two-tone Hill grey scheme looking clean as a whistle and still bearing its MiG kill star.

Simply STUNNING !!!

Most heavily weathered bird's are a sore sight for eyes but this one is exceptionally well done. !!! Very near to "perfection" with just the right amount of weathering, mixed with "clean" items which in reality should be clean as well (AIM-7's & AIM-9's). Nice touch with the "unpainted" canopies. !  

Kind Regards,

Rudy.

Guest Peterpools

Memir

Geez ... What a build and the weathering from a guy that rarely weathers is brilliantly done.

Kudos of a stellar build

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Peter

Like most of us here, I am speechless, mezmorized and mind blown! I can't seem to find the right emoji. Is there one that shows my jaw detaching from my face and dropping to the floor?! Simply stunning! A true master modeler you are Memir! If you have any works in progress pictures I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say this, we'd LOVE to see some WIP pictures.

Cheers,

BG

Sir, that is masterful work...please come to the front of the room and receive your award.   No kidding, this is sooooo realistic, the very best and most convincing weathering I've ever seen.   I sure wish I could achieve this level of modeling.    Now, seriously...box it up and send it to my house where I will proudly display it....hopefully I will get it before Christmas :goodjob:

To echo the other comments...simply suberb weathering. Think you've settled the “ to weather or nor weather†debate once and for all. Also beautifully photographed. Did you use a light box.?

Many thanks Tim,

I didn't use light box. White background is a reverse side of a poster and I used three LED table lamps and paper box to support my camera...