F-15E --- 1/32 --- Tamiya

Coming along real nice so far, however since you are showing 2 GBU-28s, and already have fuel tanks on the wing pylons, i do not think that the GBU-28 could be carried on the conformal pylons due to weight limits. Most pics show them loaded on the c/l or wing pylons.

Jari

Jari, everything will be interchangeable/detachable. This is just the a small warm up. I indeed plan to go crazy on the loadouts and make them all (included in the kit). For example for settings with only the two big bombs on the underwing pylons; another setting only with missiles and the fuel tanks underneath; another setting with the MERs, etc. Only the lantirn pods will be glued.

• 4 weeks later...

These are so huge in 1/32 that they were like a different plane each. Strangely enough, these exact OOB decals attached to the surfaces simply flawlessly, without a hitch. I also used a few 1/48 leftover decals. The weathering is with OPs. The fins of the missiles are painted with Alclad II metalizer. 

smaa.jpg

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

photo_4.jpg

photo_1.jpg

photo_5.jpg

Some silhouettes with the pylons.... Check out how nicely look the thinned fins. The "thinning" journey was definitely worth it:

photo_2_1.jpg

photo_1_1.jpg

photo_3_1.jpg

Btw the bombs have a substantial oil canning effect, forgot to capture it. I`ll try to do it in another couple photos...

• 3 weeks later...

These holders, pylons and pods went through some major improvements... first the pods: most of the "panel" lines are scribed deeper to look like separate parts - the pods themselves from their pylons. I added a small PE vent on the backside of the navigation pod and also replaced the glass part for the sensor with a piece of thin transparent sheet, painted from inside. Some extra rivets and edits in the panel lines were done as well.

The under CFT pylons are with enlarged openings with edited shapes so to provide a better look to the holders. I also attached stripes of paper tape on the very lower flat sides to hide the seamlines and to make it look more complicated. The holders themselves are with slightly reduced distance between the "fingers/holders" (sry don`t know the exact words), so to look empty. And are also painted separately with alclad metalizer. I plan to insert hem last so to make a nice metalic contrasting effect. And that`s it basically :) for the photos the holders are simply inserted. Here are a couple of photos before the primer:

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

photo_4.jpg

And after a very light coat of Surfacer 1200:

photo_1_1.jpg

photo_2_1.jpg

photo_3_1.jpg

photo_4_1.jpg