Revell 1/32 Beaufighter build

Drof88

Heya all :lol:

As mentioned in my intro post this 'ten gun terror' was started a while ago, and after unearthing it after 11 years and a flood i decided to start a fresh and see if i could bring her up to standard and turn her into the gem she should be ;)

What was i thinking?!

There's been the ups, there's been the downs and there's been the nights i've just wanted to rip my hair out and scrap the lot!! But, this is only natural and so far i've still got most of my hair left... Besides, i like a challenge

Here's what i've got so far. This kit has been a first for me in a few ways-

1st 1/32 aircraft

1st major project undertaken

1st time at any serious scratchbuilding

1st kit to (possibly!!) use resin/aftermarket parts

1st time i'll have used resin/aftermarket parts

And 1st time i've used anything we learnt in maths since i left school <_<!!

And so, the part you've been all been waiting for.... :rolleyes: The pics!!

Firstly, the horrible details on the sidewalls that has been removed...

post-4562-1221075014.jpg

And finally the decal sheet...

I haven't had the heart to pull the paper off it yet-

Quick question to everyone, if i wet the paper and peeled it back gently could that work at all?

I'm currently working on the cockpit, MG bay and cannon bay just doing bits and bobs on one at a time... Not the best way i know!!

More pics will be uploaded when progress has been made <_<

post-4562-1221076464.jpg

Good work Dan. Looks like you're really committed to this build, which should help you see it through. As for the decals, no, I wouldn't wet the sheet in an attempt to peel it off. I think that would only make things worse. You might just have to bite the bullet and tear it off like a band-aid. You can always patch up any damage with paint (or even paint the markings entirely).

Kev

Cheers Kev :)

I was considering just painting the decals as you mentioned, i still haven't decided yet- i'm still a looong way away from that stage yet ;)

As soon as i stock up on styrene on Saturday i'll be getting back to work :rolleyes:

Cheers Rigor :)

Yup, i think i'm gonna have to build myself and extension to the display cabinet for this one ;)

Nice work Dan. It's always nice to see a Beaufighter build - especially when it is such a corageous build like this one. I have every confidence that you shall make a magnificent job of it, especially with all of the friendly advice on offer from the LSP membership.

Derek