Fw190 D-9 | 1/12th scale scratch build replica

Nice work. Sorry about the crack. I rarely find #1 to work for me and sort of consider it par to do something again. It's not just scratch, it's also process development (for me anyway). Luck will only go so far, sometimes.

Nice work. Sorry about the crack. I rarely find #1 to work for me and sort of consider it par to do something again. It's not just scratch, it's also process development (for me anyway). Luck will only go so far, sometimes.

Exactly!

Hi,

I orked on the roof panel of the luggage compartment.

First, I made a jig or former. Note how misleading the 3D-drawing is with regards to proportions.

Center-fuselage_D9_Willmer_94_zpsutlhecp

I partially annealed the lithoplate and formed it over the jig, re-annealing it four times. It just took 2 attemps. I am happy with my first part of this kind :-)

Center-fuselage_D9_Willmer_95_zpsbwqjp7l

Center-fuselage_D9_Willmer_96_zpsdco8qvy

Some details are still missing...

Center-fuselage_D9_Willmer_97_zpsmq1aa9g

Hello Bernd

Amazing....

Mind to the location of the sliding rail of the canopy...i am afraid your panel would be too large with the side of the fuselage..look at the Erzatlist concerning this point...

Fabelhaft again!

Amities

Fab

Thanks Fabrice,

the sides of the panel will be bent downward to give way for the rails 😉 See the line drawing in my original post above.

How are your projects coming along?

Take care,

Bernd.

HI Bernd!

I am very impressed with your work.  And envious, too.  I have only just begun my journey into metal shaping.  I would be very interested in how you plan to make the propeller boss.

Keep up the good work!

Gaz

HI Bernd!

I am very impressed with your work. And envious, too. I have only just begun my journey into metal shaping. I would be very interested in how you plan to make the propeller boss.

Keep up the good work!

Gaz

Hi,

I just got a lathe last night. I have to learn turning parts from aluminium and brass. So, the propeller boss will be turned from aluminum.

Bye.

Bernd,

After learning how to shape with a hammer and home-made dies, I discovered a video on how to make an egg shape with a lathe.  Much less labour-intensive with the lathe.   I am tempted to get a lathe if I could find one small enough and cheap enough.

Great work!

Gaz