WnW Sopwith Snipe (late)

Jan_G

Hi guys,

This is my first WnW kit. It was absolutely relaxing OOB build. Used Tamiya and GSI acrylics mainly, and Ammo weathering product for finish.

I did rigging in easy way, with no turnbuckles, just silver paint. At the end, to be honest, I'm not satisfied with outcome. Even turnbuckles are not so prominent on Snipe, on my next WnW project will use at least some grey tubes. And yes, didnt use the flat rigging. But will try on my next biplane, which should be postwar Dh.9a :)

Coastal Kits insignia base used for display.

WIP link: http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=63009

thanks for looking, hope you like it

jan

IMG_5761_zpsqz5ylngk.jpg

IMG_5765_zps893nzvwl.jpg

IMG_5780_zpsd2qzms0z.jpg

IMG_5781_zpscw2hxbig.jpg

IMG_5792_zpsl7wsc6cg.jpg

IMG_5754_zpsz4onbyi6.jpg

IMG_5749_zpsqkwusnl9.jpg

IMG_5745_zpssy1ohoi1.jpg

IMG_5743_zpsqb9vr9nw.jpg

IMG_5738_zpsaryob1uo.jpg

I love it !

Dont worry for the rigging. The streamlined rigging is not that noticeable, so even if you used standard one, one have to be very close to see the difference. Same thing for the turnbuckles, that's just a detail, but the "spider web between the wings" effect is still there anyway. :)

On some wires, it really seems there are some tubes. If it's only grey paint, it's works quite good.

By the way, i really love the silver finish. Is it the tamiya mix specified in the WNW instructions? If so, it's a very good mix, and i'll use it for my next post-war british birds.

Edited by Zero77

Thanks guys for your kind words

By the way, i really love the silver finish. Is it the tamiya mix specified in the WNW instructions? If so, it's a very good mix, and i'll use it for my next post-war british birds.

regarding silver finish... I used the instruction call outs for paint, even with liitle bit modified ratio 1,5:1 (XF-16:XF-19) and put it on GSI white base (polished) to get lighter look.

Tamiya acrylics have rough pigment and I think its really nice to use them to cover fabrics. But for wooden part covered with silver dope I will try tu use the same mixture of tamiya enamels next time. It should result in smoother surface.

Or maybe to use some silver form Gunze H, they definitely make smoother surface at the end.

Front cowling was painted with regular Alclad aluminium.

Jan,

Absolutely great finish. :)  You can tell it tuned out so well because you were having fun building it!  May all your builds be this way my friend.

:thumbsup:  

Paul 

Thanks Paul :)

used to have lot of fun with this one. It went so well together that right now I'm looking for some construction challenge :)