T6 G ( a yellow bird in the desert )

alain11

Hi gents

here is my last build . the KH T 6 G . my model depicts a French air force T6 G used as aerial support to ground force in Algeria during the " independance war" or "war of Algeria "it depends on of your side at this time  ( 1954 to 1962) Algeria was a French colony since 1830 ( see wikipedia for deeper info)

KH model is a nice and pleasant kit , the cockpit is complex , and well detailed , maybe a little " tricky" to put into the fuselage .I 've improved the back seat , and scratch built the gun sight  I added small details on the fuselage frame as "stiffener " plates ( not sure about the term) just behind the rear canopy , at the vetical fin root , and around the wheel wells... the worst thing is this piece that must be glued on the fuselage back , it needs a lot of putty and time to fix it , I still don't understand why this separated part is use for .... the gear legs have to be glued 5mm "outward" of their initial location .... micellaneous  tiny things were added here and there according to the  pictures .. I sprayed no less than two bottles to get a nice solid yellow paint ( gunse H 413 RLM 04) maybe my fault , I should have  sprayed a white base paint first... roundels and unit badge are painted .... now stop talking pictures .... enjoy ... or not

Alain

112.jpg

211.jpg

311.jpg

411.jpg

511.jpg

611.jpg

711.jpg

811.jpg

911.jpg

10_211.jpg

11_211.jpg