WNW Stahltaube

Bill_S

Fuel?

They had to train 10 year olds to fly it, otherwise old age would kill the pilot by the time they got to 6,000ft.

Just for grins I hacked a clock at power up and it took our mighty 737 2 minutes and 57 seconds to reach 6000 feet this morning!

Interesting that WNW lists it as a "(1914)" version.  Does this imply that there might be another later(?) version coming???  Inquiring minds want to know.

Oh yes!

1915 version may have a gun-ring.

1916 version comes pre shot-down.

Box art is real.

You can visit the product page here - http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/product?productid=3162

Odd that there's no opponent aircraft in the artwork. This seems like a bit of a first, and a deviation from what's been seen in the past, Dave. Still very, very cool though, as is the Jasta 5 Albatros kits offering.

I briefly thought that as well Kevin, but when i went back to the kit listings on WNW, i see there are a number of other boxtops with no opponent depicted, and at least two others (early Felixstowe and Fokker E.I) show no other aircraft on the artwork either

I briefly thought that as well Kevin, but when i went back to the kit listings on WNW, i see there are a number of other boxtops with no opponent depicted, and at least two others (early Felixstowe and Fokker E.I) show no other aircraft on the artwork either

Yep, I should know by now not to trust my own memory, Mike. The new Jasta 5 Albatros kit(s) seem to show some very tiny aircraft in the artwork, but I can't really make out what they are supposed to be.

Guest Clunkmeister

Karim, you crack me up, my friend. The idea of a "black fund" for kit purchases made me lose my mind. I mean who here, who's married, hasn't either done that, or at the very least, thought about it...

:rofl:

Karim, you crack me up, my friend. The idea of a "black fund" for kit purchases made me lose my mind. I mean who here, who's married, hasn't either done that, or at the very least, thought about it...

:rofl:

Ernie buddy, being divorced makes the black account funds even more of a necessity...

It's been quite silent on that front lately thought so i am a happy chap!

Edited by karimb

• 2 months later...

Check out the page at Hannants promoting this kit complete with box art.

This has to be a Top 3 WNW kit for me personally...this thing just bleeds charisma and personality! 

Check out the rigging on the tail.  Eight wires going into 1 wire attaching to a vertical rod.  That shouldn't be too fiddly...

:crying:

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/WNW32058

WNW32058.jpg?t=

Edited by ringleheim