HK Lancaster.

Phartycr0c

Great news and lets hope it's better than the first test shot plus do they have a ball park figure for the price?

Graham

Have we actually had a "test shot" (literally)?

I thought we'd seen CAD images and (??) some 3D printing from those early CAD designs ... but no shots yet from any actual cut metal? I may be wrong though!

That's my concern as well. Just 

Have we actually had a "test shot" (literally)?

I thought we'd seen CAD images and (??) some 3D printing from those early CAD designs ... but no shots yet from any actual cut metal? I may be wrong though!

That is my concern as well, much like the Takom SU-33. 

There was a "shot" let's call it that Cees has now and is converting it into a Manchester and that's what I was basing my concerns on. I hope the new kit is ok but look how the rivet counters picked apart the B-17, but for 1 here I am more than happy with what will be produced after attempting the only other 32nd Lanc that was a vacform :fight: :fight: :fight: and it fought all the way :rofl:.

Graham

That was indeed a 3d printed model devoid of any surfacedetail. But is was pretty much the final shape apart from the engine nacelles which were not approved by the lsm team. This has since been addressed. You have all seen the renderings last year. This will be one very nice kit. Not perfect as such a kit does not exist.

attempting the only other 32nd Lanc that was a vacform :fight: :fight: :fight: and it fought all the way :rofl:.

Graham

IIRC, the Hachette magazine part-per-month Lancaster was 1/32, which the late Ted Taylor was building before his untimely passing.

I'll say it out loud.... I hope pastor John does a Dambuster conversion for this at some point.

... No need as Graham from Iconicair has already completed an Upkeep mine and trolley (link bellow) ... and IIRC is waiting on the kit to complete the conversion ...

http://www.iconicair.com/dambuster/

... Maybe John can do some fiddling around with the Revell He.111 stuff though especially since neither are really accurate OOB?

Rog :)

Edited by Artful69

... No need as Graham from Iconicair has already completed an Upkeep mine and trolley (link bellow) ... and IIRC is waiting on the kit to complete the conversion ...

http://www.iconicair.com/dambuster/

... Maybe John can do some fiddling around with the Revell He.111 stuff though especially since neither are really accurate OOB?

Rog :)

Oh my!!  

on a side note, and not meaning to hijack the thread, but with regards to the Dambuster conversion, did you guys know that the Museum crew at Nanton Alberta, is in the process of converting the real Lancaster FM159 to a Dambuster ( replica) , they have removed the top mid upper gun turret, and taken the bomb doors off already , and from what I heard they have an Upkeep 'on order'.....the aircraft is coded AJ*M...... they said it is going to be the ONLY one in the world converted to the Dambuster specs........ pretty cool, I'd say.... it is the 75th anniversary after all......

Jeff