Italeri F-104S in 32 scale

Paolomaglio

I started this kit in the second half of December and finished it during last weekend with the new Zotz decals. Main problem with this kit is one of the half fuselage come with much heavier panel lines than the other half, A couple of coats of primer was used to make panel lines to look the same deep. I have added all the currently available aftermarket bis: exhaust from Aires (F-4), resin Martin Backer seat, Master pitot and Vulcan gun and the very nice SUU-21A pod from Videoaviation, a standar fitting for all Italian F-104 bombers. Practice Mk.82 bombs come from the Trumpeter F-105 kit.

330uyo6.jpgmi068j.jpg15pid77.jpg

10zmxia.jpg

Paolo,

Great looking plane and super choice of markings.

At first I thought that the angle of the fuel tanks was a bit off, but looking at pictures of the real deal it seems to be right...

2251479.jpg

Edited by Stormer

Great to see her over the finish line, the Zotz decals were certainly worth the wait. Extremely  :goodjob:

Did you try either of the Aires exhausts for the Revell/Hasegawa kits, do they fit?

Edited by Kagemusha

Thank you everybody for the kind words.

Zotz decals were badly needed to finish this model both to correct some big mistakes made by Italeri (in spelling and dimensions) and to be able to build the model with opened avionics bay and gun bay. Avionics in the kit is for the bomber only and the Vulcan was also used only by bombers and recce variants, but in the kit there are decals for Italian recces and fighters only!

Zotz decals were in the usual very high standard while those by Italeri are thick, if not on their carrier film, in the printed areas, so try to avoid placing Zotz decals over the Italeri stencils if you can. 

If you want to display the J79 to the side of the model choose to build a G, non an S variant, since the front face of the engine is given for the G model only.

Great to see her over the finish line, the Zotz decals were certainly worth the wait. Extremely  :goodjob:

Did you try either of the Aires exhausts for the Revell/Hasegawa kits, do they fit?

yes, my exhaust come from Aires and the fitting was poor, some adjustments were needed to the reat top of it, luckly nothing is visible once in place.