Hasegawa 1/32 Fw 190D-9 "Black 1"

Thunnus

Personally, this is why I love this hobby and miss it so much and am desperate to get back into it. Favourite version of the 190, fantastic build quality, paint is stunning and then, a lot, but absolutely wonderful weathering! 10/10. Two thumbs up. Great work and thanks for sharing!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the generous compliments Harrison!  The hobby is so much different than when I left it 30-some years ago and I can say that I enjoy modeling more than ever now.  The best part of it has to be the internet.  Sharing builds online and seeing the exceptional work here at LSP really motivates me to improve.  I hope to see you back at modeling soon!

Hi John

For my first post here i would like to say that your D9 is one the most impressive one i ever seen ! And thanks a lot for your long construction post, very very impressive on your tips !

I have just one short question : what kind of color pencils do you use for your weathering on prop, for chipping, etc ?

Thanks a lot !

Matt

Thanks for the great comments!  I appreciate it!

Hi John

For my first post here i would like to say that your D9 is one the most impressive one i ever seen ! And thanks a lot for your long construction post, very very impressive on your tips !

I have just one short question : what kind of color pencils do you use for your weathering on prop, for chipping, etc ?

Thanks a lot !

Matt

Thanks for the compliment!  For silver, I use a Prismacolor silver pencil.  When I need a darker metallic chip, I use a soft-leaded (2B or 4B) lead pencil.  For other colors, I have a set of Derwent Watercolor pencils.  I'm not sure the Derwent Watercolors are the best for chipping but I happened to have them around.  They were an unused gift for my daughters that I commandeered for my own use.  I primarily use the browns and greens from that set.