Italeri F-104S ASA Starfighter Tiger Meet

Guest Peterpools

Carl

Holy Cow ...  I must have been on another planet, missed following your build and enjoyed starting from page one and absorbing your work.  Amazing work and the results speak for themselves.

Awesome work and your Starfighter looks just tremendous. I'm willing to bet your heart skipped a beat when you came home and saw the nose wheel tucked up under the fuselage. Lady Luck surely was in the cockpit. Beautiful paint and finish .. what a great scheme

Keep 'em comning

Peter :popcorn:

Thanks Kev and HÃ¥kan!

The annealing made a huge difference but PE belts still are not my favorite.

After a couple more hours work tonight, I've got most of the belts attached to the seat now.

IMG_20160815_233351.jpg

I need to paint the stripes on the ejection loops and then add the crotch belt.

Carl

Thanks gents!

And the stripes are painted on.

IMG_20160816_174624.jpg

Which means this build is at an end! Sorta. I installed the seat and promptly lost the pull rings. So while the paint dried on the replacement ones, I attached the canopy and pitot.

IMG_20160818_174809.jpg

I'll get some better shots soon. I'm away for the weekend at a charity bike ride so it'll probably be next week.

Carl

Beautiful work, Carl.

Can you add a pict with your Spitfire? I like to see the size of this thing compared to something you and I have. Would love to build this AC, but I'm not sure where I would put it given that I plan to downsize a bit.