Size Difference between P-47 and Fw190

ChrisS

Guys,

I'm working on a project and doing some images one of which is a size comparison of the Fw190 A to the P-47 Razorback (C/D). I finished it a bit ago and wanted to share it here.

The RAF and 8th AAF fighter command were initially worried that the similarities between the P-47 and Fw190 were going to cause problems with quick recognition in combat. They added the white ETO theater bands to help, and there were STILL instances of fratricide.

This shows a P-47C and an Fw190A-5 profiles. Quite a size and shape difference here, and it really brings home how much stress air combat infers on pilots when this drastic size comparison could and was unnoticed.

:blink:

post-8-1140198847.jpg

very interesting. thanks for sharing.

wow this plane was big. i am planning to build one razorback as probubly my next project. i saw a preview of a new multimediakit on hyperscale. this is looking very promising and i think i will give this one a try for my first US-plane after about 15 years.

you can find the preview here

pannellines look a bit thick, though, but i really like that there are no rivets on the plastik parts. so i can use my stressed skin effect method on this modell, too.

yours klaus

Muhahahaha

I'm looking at the size of a 1/24 FW190 and thinking of a 1/24 P47....that sucker is going to be M A S S I V E.

cool :wacko:

Given how big they are I'd be interested to see how big a Jug is compared to a B17. When I got inot a B17 fuselage at Warner Bros movie world I was surpised at how small it was. I mean its hardly a shoe box by a long shot but err...nothing compared to a B52. Actually what do you think...a F4 Phantom the same size as a B17?

Interesting.