Bayonett Model Show pics

LSP_Matt

Here is a series of pics one of my friend took of the 'Bayonett Model Clubs' day at Soldiers Memorial Hall in Werribe.

Entry was gold coin donation, sausgae/bread and sauce were $1, free tea and coffee/biccies all day.

It seemed a fairly well attended day though sad to say the 1/32 and 1/24 LSP's were effectively non-existent. Like all good shows chaps bought their own stashes to do swaps and sells...I think you paid about $10 for a table but you got given a bottle of wine for coming to sell some of your stash off anyway.

During the day there was a raffle with choice of ticket, all proceeds going to the 'Make A Wish Foundation' ( for very very sick little kids). I got the best numbers...69 and one Slarti will know of..Number 42. :blink: No..I didn't win...but what the heck...its not like I lost anything given any money raised on the day was, and always is for charity.

The guys who run it do so gratis, they prefer not to enter the competitions due to conflict of interest issues ( meh..modellers with ethics...wish some of it would rub off on senior business execs...they don't deal with trophies only millions of $). Winners were decided by judges choice ...if you didn't like it then you could GF'd apparently ( hey...they are lads from Werribe after all).

In summary a good day had by all it would seem. Plenty of water cooler experten banging on and one smart cookie building his new kit in the corner during the quieter moments. The Bayonet guys put in a big effort, were very gracious in their thanks for the local Toyota dealership and Scouts for sponsorship and donated about $1000 to a very worth charity.

Overall good guys.

post-8-1133155970.jpg

Some of these models you may have seen from regulars on Hyperscale. For all overseas LSPers the car is an A9X Torana...1970's vintage. 13s 1/4 miles 's LSD etc , this car won every race of the Touring car season and then the Bathurst 1000 mile race...not just won...flogged bigger 351cu in Fords.

They were a popular hoon car but our gum trees over here are more than a match for them.

post-8-1133156150.jpg

WW1 Tanks madness...let Chris Hannover have no fear of building models without instructions...clearly you are not alone. I think from what I read he has built a model of every single one of these tanks that Germany produced.

post-8-1133156538.jpg

nice one Matt!

It's interesting that there doesn't seem to be a particular interest in 1/32 or 1/24 in Australia.... :huh:

I found the same thing at a recent show here in Brisbane. Maybe we are just a bit slow on the uptake here in Aus, and it takes longer for the interest in a particular scale to take hold?

But good wrap up there thanks mate.

Cheers,

Ango.