Early P-51 Sumthin

ruzlkampf

Whoop-de-dooo, My 'Mickey Mouse' watch says "got to take a pizza break"....so I'm thinking it's progress pics time! B) Did a bit more re-aligning & re-defining on the front of the 'stang, and a shaved some ribbing on the elevators. They seemed a bit 'pronounced'? Check it out.

post-4413-1243302623.jpg

post-4413-1243302633.jpg

Roughed out new intake, ready for final sanding/polish. I smoothed out the 'step' as much as I could without going thru the plastic, and the intake isn't as oval as I'd wish....but there wasn't any more plastic there either. I bumped it all the way out to the milliput. To get it perfect, I'd have to chop this whole intake off and with a different scratched 'base'. Close enough for me.

post-4413-1243303089.jpg

post-4413-1243303105.jpg

This shows the wider area further back from the intake. There was an air-cleaner of sorts that was accessed from the top here. I guess they had to take the cowling off in previous versions, and this made maintenance a bit easier? Whatever,..it looks different on the A-36 and P-51A...and has a different profile from the top.

post-4413-1243303455.jpg

Lemme step back and show it from a different angle. Just starting to get motivated today, so I'll probably have more progress pics by tonight. See ya'll then, eh?! Later, Russ

post-4413-1243303867.jpg

Mmmmm, pizza is good. :) OK, after polishing off 'breakfast', I got a bit more done on the model. Whupped a little paint that semi-matched the color of the plastic to see what I had. Hmm, still needs a little work...but it's close, real close to what I'm trying to get. Pics of the P-51A from the top to see what this intake looks like are pretty rare, so this is a close approximation. From the starboard side;

post-4413-1243313644.jpg

I'm going to divert my attention to the wings now. Need to relocate the landing lights, re-do those gun holes, and look at some new ammo bay covers. Oh yeah, I whittled down the rudder tip a bit to give it a less 'squared off look'. Last pic of the night. Time to whomp on the wing for awhile. More pics as things progress! :) Later, Russ

post-4413-1243314205.jpg

This is only a test....in case of a real emergency, Russ would be running amok waving arms and screaming deliriously. (OK, maybe this IS an emergency? :blink: )

Just checking out some photo editing stuff, and banging my head on the table basically. Still managing to get sumthin done on this model between tubs of ice cream and putting a dent in my new keyboard with my forehead. Just a practice posting of pics here.

post-4413-1243589545.jpg

Gahhhh!!!!, That took about 5 minutes of key hitting and salty cussing to get positioned right. Still too small too. Bahhhh, back to the tutorials. :unsure:

Hi Rus,

Well look at the bright side of it, you do have a state of the art computer, and a headache....... :P I have too fill my computer with coals too make stream and after a while it works.

Hope these pics are not too late and that they are a bit usefull, had trouble starting my scanner, I know dates from the iceages.

Scannen0003.jpg

Scannen0004.jpg

Cheers

Rick.