Revell 56 Ford F-100"Demon II"-Completed! 04/15

mustang1989

Love it!  Unfortunately for me, handling a 1/24 & 1/25 car kits are like trying to hold a 1/48 kit. Almost too small for me.  I collect 1/18 diecast cars and have made some mods on a few of them. But they come no where to the detail of a styrene kit. 

Oh, and I'm another big Foose fan. As a former auto body guy that owned his own custom shop back in the '80's, I really appreciate how he tastefully modifies projects.  If you're an "all original" guy, I get it.  Also a big fan of Mark Worman of Graveyard Carz because of his original restorations.  if I had a late '60's-early '70's Mopar, it would be done like he does it.

He's on the Velocity channel.  It's amazing how his business grew from the back room of his bodyshop business to a full time business in a refurbished warehouse.  He's now in the process of buying an old closed down dealership from the '70's and re-opening it as a car lot to sell ready for restoration cars and restored cars from his shop.  He's even got Chrysler on board and they are letting him use the company logos at the location and he's keeping it a 1970's theme.  He does a lot with MOPAR building cars for them to display at SEMA.

His  restorations are 6 figure jobs, or damned close.  Cars come from all over the country to his Oregon location.  We even had a guy near me send him two Superbirds for restoration, and they told the whole story behind his acquiring the cars from an old "shoot first, ask questions later" codger that had them rotting away in his yard.  After they were restored, the family and the old guy flew out to be on the show.  Father and Son drove one of them across country back to Sumter SC as a road trip instead of shipping the car.

We even had a guy near me send him two Superbirds for restoration, and they told the whole story behind his acquiring the cars from an old "shoot first, ask questions later" codger that had them rotting away in his yard.  After they were restored, the family and the old guy flew out to be on the show.  Father and Son drove one of them across country back to Sumter SC as a road trip instead of shipping the car.

Now THAT ..................is awesome!!!! 

If you're an "all original" guy, I get it.  Also a big fan of Mark Worman of Graveyard Carz because of his original restorations.  if I had a late '60's-early '70's Mopar, it would be done like he does it.

Yep, he and his team do outstanding work, and nobody seems to know Mopars better.

An update for the week. I've got the radiator and the distributor mostly completed as well but will show those in future updates. 

I've got my work cut out for me with this engine. Such a nice platform and it screams for added detail on top of what's already there.

dOAUVi.jpg

I've made some more progress this morning that I felt like was worth an update. I do like these Macro photos for the simple fact that I can see some errors that I'll have to correct but other than those tiny corrections I'm happy with the outcome so far. Still got the exhaust and some other details to add. I really like this aluminum distributor kit from True Details. It's even got the PE distributor cap metal fasteners included in it.

miAfCe.jpg

4WkD3Y.jpg

8AA8Ll.jpg