Tamiya F4U-1 Arkansas Traveler

karimb

Amazing work and great weathering technique - you really got into the mind of paint - all its manners and predispositions ! THANK YOU FOR SHARING!!!

Gene thank you for leaving such nice words!

I am glad you like how she turned out!

Thank you for taking the time to check on the thread!

What an amazing build Karin!

Definitely a well used and overworked machine as all the land based F4U-1s were. Your execution of the weathering is beautifully done although I think the paint chipping, especially over the entire upper wing surface, may be a little too excessive. Please don't take that as a criticism, rather it's just my own observation. Your technique is wonderful, without doubt, and I would love to achieve a similar result when I get to my own Birdcage Corsair.

Cheers,

Wolf

What an amazing build Karin!

Definitely a well used and overworked machine as all the land based F4U-1s were. Your execution of the weathering is beautifully done although I think the paint chipping, especially over the entire upper wing surface, may be a little too excessive. Please don't take that as a criticism, rather it's just my own observation. Your technique is wonderful, without doubt, and I would love to achieve a similar result when I get to my own Birdcage Corsair.

Cheers,

Wolf

Hey Wolf

Thanks for dropping by and leaving a word.

Criticism is good there is no shame in it that's why i always ask for peer review. Yes i do agree with you that the chipping is a bit too extensive. The plan was to tone it down with filters and blend the outer part of it in with oils but it seems i might have gone a bit heavy handed. Your observation is same as my realization when i look at the airplane as a whole. It is almost impossible to go back now and modify except if i work on very tight spots by brushtroke to cover up but I won't as I don't want to ruin the fluidity of the whole weathering.

Thanks again for dropping by and for the kind words!

I've got an eye on your camel build buddy, way to go!

• 1 month later...

Superb weathering! Should be in a magazine IMHO.

Thank you my good Sir!

To be honest I've never had any interest shown by any magazine on any of my builds. Maybe it's because I don't know anyone that runs in those circles or maybe the models are not up to scratch i guess.

You guys are the people I enjoy sharing my builds with on the other hand. Thanks for leaving a word!

Hey Karim.

I must admit I haven't looked much at RFI until now {stayed up on purpose... it's 00.50hrs here}...

Having looked at your F4U-1 (MY Absolute favorite aircraft) I am in awe of your build Karim.

it's SUPERB and looks STUNNING.

you did an EXCEPTIONAL job on recreating that photo... just jaw dropping.

I drool over it as I look at it. ONE OF THE BEST I have seen. :clap2:

LOVED it.. AWESOME build Sir.

:wow: :bow: :bow:

...and have a great time meeting up with Jarda and good luck in the Competition... it's easily a winner... you'll knock socks off the others !

Masallah!

:thumbsup:

Maru i am at a loss of words to thank you enough on your kindness and support. Your presence on the forum is very much missed while you're away on vacation. I do hope you're enjoying your time although it must be quite hot with the monsoon season and all...

I do hope she will fare well on the competition but i don't have high hopes as the judging on the weathering is going to be quite subjective (except if it's on weathering techniques per se).

Thank you again for your kindness and support and we're all looking forward to you coming home!

Karim