Revell Hurri,

R Hunt

Just got the revell " smithsonain" Hurri and was wondering if this was a B.O.B. version? and what after market ass. are out for it? I'v got a few builds before it(plus finish this damm P-51B) but would like to start gathering what I need for a nice BOB hurri, any help is always great,

thanks, Bob.

BoB Hurricane was a Mk I. The Smithsonian is a Mk IIc, The main differance is the wing. The BoB birds had 4- .303's in each wing not 2 - 20mm cannons so the armament as well as the panel lines are different. The GOOD news is Revell never changed the fuselage from the BoB bird so even though the box says it's a Mk IIc the Smithsonian kit still has the correct fuselage for a BoB a/c. Click Warbirds Productions button on the home page. It'll take you my Warbird Models site where I still have some stuff left to help convert your Mk IIc to that BoB Hurricane you want.

Good luck,

Dan

Bob,

If you want to make the kit into a MkI you can use the kit 'as is' but you will need to remove the four cannon and their associated wing blisters etc and rescribe the panels to represent the 8 x .303 installation.

You can get a number of a/market accessories for the kit from Warbirds who produce a seat, wheel well, Rotol prop and proper u/c doors. As you collect your references a couple of things to bear in mind are a) is your chosen subject fitted with a Rotol or DH spinner & prop and :rolleyes: what exhaust style was fitted, tubular or fishtail. If tubular (the most common type in the B of B) you can get these from the Hase/Revell Spitfire I/II kit.

Alternatively if you wish, you can make a B of B Mk IIA out of the kit by obtaining a Mk II conversion from Warbirds but the wings will still need revising to the eight gun installation.

If you need any other info on the Hurricane, please feel free to contact me directly.

Cheers

Dave

Thanks for the great info, I'll go to the warbirds site and look around, version Iam wanting to build is the one with the half black underside, so I'll have to chase down photos of that,.....so Am I to understand that the only differance with the wing I have is the guns and the panel lines for them?

thanks, Bob.