New Mac

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 LSP_Ron

LSP_Ron

• LSP Moderator
  • 16,218 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:39 PM

Hello from my new iMac I picked up today.  I got the 21.5" with 1TB Fusion drive

I like it!

• Jay Kim, Lee White, Iain (32SIG) and 6 others like this

Ron

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

Douglas Adams

When I die, I'll be on time

#2 Jennings Heilig

Jennings Heilig

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,763 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:51 PM

I love mine! It’s going on 4 years old, but it still kicks butt 😃😃
  • MARU5137 likes this

"It's all part of the show..."

#3 LSP_Ron

LSP_Ron

• LSP Moderator
  • 16,218 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:59 PM

Yeah, I'm liking what I am seeing.  Very easy to migrate my last back up of my stolen Macbook pro too.  It's set up exactly like my lap top was!

• MARU5137 and CANicoll like this

Ron

Douglas Adams

#4 dodgem37

dodgem37

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 08:02 PM

'Very easy yo migrate'

Doesn't spell check very well, tho.  Oh, God!  Did I really say that?!

Sincerely,

Mark

• LSP_Ron and MARU5137 like this

Works in Progress:   Italeri 1/35 PT596Tamiya P-51D, Sinai, 1956,

Completed WiP:  Erich Hartmann, Bf109G-14

Idle WiP:  Fw190A-5 Black 7 1/25th IDF Sho't, c.1982Bf109K-4, I./KG (J)6, BohemiaHungarian Bf109G-14, Bf109F-4/Z Trop,Shelf of DOOM!: Kawanishi N1K1 Kyofu Type 11 Rex , IDF AH-1 Tzefa FWerfer-Granate 21's,

Ready for Inspection: Erich Hartmann, Bf109G-14, Ludwig Franzisket, Bf109G-6

#5 DeanKB

DeanKB

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 09:03 PM

Although being burgled is bloody horrible, replacing your lost goods with nice shiny stuff at least softens the blow a little bit.

"First, shalt thou take out the Holy pin. Then, shalt thou count to three - no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shall thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that then thou shalt proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number is reached, then lobbeth thou thy Holy hand grenade of Antioch towards thy foe who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it. Amen"

#6 LSP_Ron

LSP_Ron

• LSP Moderator
  • 16,218 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 09:27 PM

Although being burgled is bloody horrible, replacing your lost goods with nice shiny stuff at least softens the blow a little bit.

Yes it does!

• CANicoll likes this

Ron

Douglas Adams

#7 MARU5137

MARU5137

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,704 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 09:32 PM

Ron..

NOICE! make sure you mark the new shiny stuff with anti theft markings!

Enjoy the new gadget .

:wow:

Res Non Verba .

La calma è la virtù dei forti !

Potius Mori quam foedari.

#8 Jennings Heilig

Jennings Heilig

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,763 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 10:34 PM

I have an Apple Air Port Extreme which acts as my whole house wireless router and as an on-site backup.  I also have an external 2 tb Tuff Drive for on-site backup.  I *also* use Crashplan for off-site backup.  Thank *god* I had the Tuff Drive in my car when my house fire happened (I had been taking it to work and keeping it in my locker, with periodic backups, which I had just done a day or two before).  When I got the new iMac a few days after the fire, I had lost literally nothing.  Migrated the old data to the new machine and I was up and running in minutes.

• Harold, Alburymodeler and LSP_Typhoonattack like this

#9 DeanKB

DeanKB

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 11:03 PM

I have an Apple Air Port Extreme which acts as my whole house wireless router and as an on-site backup.  I also have an external 2 tb Tuff Drive for on-site backup.  I *also* use Crashplan for off-site backup.  Thank *god* I had the Tuff Drive in my car when my house fire happened (I had been taking it to work and keeping it in my locker, with periodic backups, which I had just done a day or two before).  When I got the new iMac a few days after the fire, I had lost literally nothing.  Migrated the old data to the new machine and I was up and running in minutes.

Every single document I have is on Google Drive. It's safe & I can access them from any computer or phone. All my hard disks are SSD's,which don't break like spinning drives.

Can't recommend Google Drive enough.

• Harold and LSP_Typhoonattack like this

"First, shalt thou take out the Holy pin. Then, shalt thou count to three - no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shall thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that then thou shalt proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number is reached, then lobbeth thou thy Holy hand grenade of Antioch towards thy foe who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it. Amen"

#10 Artful69

Artful69

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 11:13 PM

iMac, iPhone, Macbook ... Everything I have is Apple.

Enjoy!!

Rog :)

• Bomber_County likes this

#11 Jennings Heilig

Jennings Heilig

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,763 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 11:51 PM

Every single document I have is on Google Drive. It's safe & I can access them from any computer or phone. All my hard disks are SSD's,which don't break like spinning drives.

Can't recommend Google Drive enough.

I had an interesting conversation the other day (about two weeks ago) with a young guy who lives here in Tucson, who is a professional hacker in the employ of Apple Computer.  I asked him about Google Drive and he rolled his eyes.  He said it's asking to be hacked.

#12 DeanKB

DeanKB

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 01:30 AM

I had an interesting conversation the other day (about two weeks ago) with a young guy who lives here in Tucson, who is a professional hacker in the employ of Apple Computer.  I asked him about Google Drive and he rolled his eyes.  He said it's asking to be hacked.

The same Apple organisation that had celeb photo's hacked from their servers and distributed across the internet?

• Harold and Shaka HI like this

#13 wunwinglow

wunwinglow

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 05:37 PM

Aren't Mac products so secure, their CEO can't even get into them?
  • Alburymodeler likes this

My Father told me two things would happen as I got older.
I can't remember either of them....

FLYINGSTART_TITLE%20SMALL.JPG

#14 Lee White

Lee White

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,695 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:10 PM

Aren't Mac products so secure, their CEO can't even get into them?

Used to be, not so sure nowadays. As much as I love my Apple stuff, they seem to be getting mighty close to being a cult- I mean, their $5B new mega-HQ has every modern convenience and gadget available, except... air conditioning. Why? Their Dear Leader, now dead for 6 years, didn't like A/C, so, now the entire workforce has to do without. That's nuts.

1/35 AH-56A Cheyenne-DONE!
1/32 Yak-38- Done!

1/32 F-111C for the ABIM Group Build!

#15 DeanKB

DeanKB

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:30 PM

Well, Apple must be doing something right, because everything they sell is so bloody expensive, from cables to desktops.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users