Beaufighter 252 Squadron 1942

Bill_S

Very nice scratchbuilding here!

Suggestion for the exhausts: temporarily fix the engine and cowl in place, figure the length of one section of tubing including the angle where it contacts the ring.

Do all the sections to insure they are all identical ( jig ?), glue to the engine and replace the ring to be sure the sections fit in their correct location. Maybe the gluing can be done a few sections on tubing at a time, to keep the stress level down!

Regards,

Alain

Thanks Alain. It's kind of what I have in mind. There's a bend with a very tight radius where the tube meets the rear cylinder. I'm leaning towards annealed copper tubing as I have a number of lengths of appropriate diameter. Soft enough to bend, rigid enough to hold its shape while handling. There's also a joint where two of them meet before heading into the collector ring...

Cleaning up the landing gear, and a strut flew off, and was swallowed by the carpet monster...

I cleaned off the desk where I was working. I searched the carpet. I saw dust bunnies taking wing out of the PC, so I tore it apart and cleaned it all out...

7580576fc056accd1b130cdff77dd1da.jpg

What are the options? Put out feelers for a replacement in hopes that someone has built wheels up? SAC replacement? Or scratch build one? Eleven parts to fabricate a piece about the size of a toothpick...

Four days later, the oven decides to go on the fritz; I pull it away from the wall, and....I found it! We're back on track!