1/32 Revell Focke Wulf Fw190 F-8 White 48........FINISHED.

monthebiff

Wow! I read through the whole post and I'm amazed with you work!

Detailing is fantastic!

Great job Andy!  :thumbsup:

Thank you spyros, the Revell kit is pretty good buut chopping it around as I have does cause loads of fit issue's along the way........just hope its worth it.

Regards. Andy

Very cool work and inspirational work, been wanting to dry those HGW transfers maybe on my next build. Also might give Eduard's cockpit a try also. Keep up the great work!

Thank you so much Reuben, All of the Eduard sets for this kit are just superb and I would definately recomend them to you, the HGW "wet" transfers are however a completely diffent ball game. They are very very very delicate to deal with and ecpect errors but do look very good under paint.

Regards. Andy

Finally bought one, think I'll get the pit too. Starting to come along nicely going to be a beauty when it's all done.

Darren

Good move Darren, its a really good kit, has some major fit issue's in some area's..........mainly rear wing root to fuselage.......just wing root in in general to be honest and then the rear stabiliser joins need quite a bit of work. 

Other than that she is a beauty.

Regards. Andy

Back at the bench on the 190 and been getting all of the seams etc which there are lots of, main problem are the aweful wing root joints.

20170806_165505.jpg

20170806_165548.jpg

20170806_165607.jpg

Getting pretty close now to masking this thing up for some primer and check for bits and pieces I've missed.

Thanks for checking by as ever.

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff

• 1 month later...

The Eduard resin prop set is pretty good although some very careful cleaning up is required.

20170915_211108.jpg

Also added the single counter balance White 48 seemed to have from plastic stock.

20170915_211417.jpg

All fits like a glove and ready for some colour which everything on this build is after what seems like forever.

Thanks for looking in.

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff

Hi Gaz,

In my book Captured Eagles I have a page dedicated to these weights including a print of an original wartime drawing of the weight and an explanation why they were used (don't have a copy with me right now, need to check at home).

The same weights were also used on other BMW 801 powered aircraft but attached at a slightly different angle.

Cheers

Roger

Hi Andy,

Very clever approach with the counter weights! I thought about how to best create these weights. I first considered 3D printing, but I guess the printing resolution wouldn't be sufficient. So, glad to see how you did it and that it turned out so well.

Cheers

Roger

Roger, like you I was wondering for quite a while how to deal with this and decided plastic card was the easiest way to go, i will scribe the joint between the two halves once i have some primer on.

Regards. Andy

Very cool work. I've been wondering about those weights on Fw 190 props. I've yet to find anything about why they were used.

Gaz

Hi Gaz,

In my book Captured Eagles I have a page dedicated to these weights including a print of an original wartime drawing of the weight and an explanation why they were used (don't have a copy with me right now, need to check at home).

The same weights were also used on other BMW 801 powered aircraft but attached at a slightly different angle.

Cheers

Roger

Its a seriously good book Gaz and definately worth hunting down, personally I cant wait for volume 2.

Regards. Andy