How about a new 1/32 Revell-Germany P-40B Tomahawk?

Bill M.

No, I don't have any inside information. But as I contemplate the quality and low price of the new P-51D, it occurs to me that a new P-40 Tomahawk of similar quality would be a real winner. Considering that the inadequate Trumpeter kit is the only real competition, it should be a commercial success. Just saying...

Bill M.

That might be the kind of subject they have in mind for the future.

Personally, I wish they applied that small box/nice price philosophy to a new tool Nakajima Hayabusa Ki-43, Kawasaki Ki-61 low back bubbletop and a Russian Lavochkin first, not to mention some small jets like the Saab J.35 Draken.

I expect a single seat Me 262A-1a and later Block P-51D first.

Tony

Fact is, at that level of quality, they could do any of a few dozen different subjects and it would be a hit. They could certainly do plenty of the staple subjects again, for the general public market, but pick versions that are between the kits already available to please us nutcases. Mustang is a perfect example. To most, its a Mustang. To us, its an early no tail fillet Mustang. Everyone is happy! If they did a Sabre, do the one that isn't covered by the current kits. Do an F4U4; still a Corsair, but imagine the whoops on this forum! I am sure you lot can come up with similar types and versions....

Edited by wunwinglow

Fact is, at that level of quality, they could do any of a few dozen different subjects and it would be a hit. They could certainly do plenty of the staple subjects again, for the general public market, but pick versions that are between the kits already available to please us nutcases. Mustang is a perfect example. To most, its a Mustang. To us, its an early no tail fillet Mustang. Everyone is happy! If they did a Sabre, do the one that isn't covered by the current kits. Do an F4U4; still a Corsair, but imagine the whoops on this forum! I am sure you lot can come up with similar types and versions....

Well for a start they could expand the range of Spitfires, starting with a XIV (high and low back), PR19, and FR18.  Or perhaps a Seafire or two ... :piliot: