B-17G Late - HKM - plane_mc

plane_mc

This is a superb build, the interior details are gorgeous.

So much work goes into making that one viewing angle to the interior look realistic. This is difficult to explain to a non-modeller as I am sure many of us have tried to do in the past.

Keep up the great and inspiring work.

This is a superb build, the interior details are gorgeous.

So much work goes into making that one viewing angle to the interior look realistic. This is difficult to explain to a non-modeller as I am sure many of us have tried to do in the past.

Keep up the great and inspiring work.

Thank you Macbain.  Sometimes it is even difficult to explain to other modelers. :wacko:   Most of the guys in my local model club think I am crazy putting this much detail in something that will be hard to see, if not impossible to see.  I have to remind them that I know it is there and I am having fun doing it, and that is what is important to me. 

I decided to get back to working on the radio room.  I finished up the camera well by adding the wiring, seat and adding a little color.

2014-06-08DSCN1921r_zps052c366b.jpg

2014-06-08DSCN1923r_zps787bfbbd.jpg

Thanks again to Dennis7423 for being generous and sending me his extra bucket seats, I really appreciate it.  I modified the bottom of the seats by cutting off the 3 inner ribs (guides for the pilot and copilot stands) and cutting off a wedge-shaped piece of the lower edge of the seat (1/16†tall at the back edge).  I added a new bottom piece made out of sheet styrene and then added the post and supports.  I also added an adjustment lever made out of wire.

2014-06-08DSCN1926r_zps3788ba8e.jpg

Here it is all together for a test fit.

2014-06-08DSCN1918r_zpsf9a5e2e6.jpg

2014-06-08DSCN1917r_zps45b193b3.jpg

That's all for now, thanks for looking.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm back with a small update. 

After a summer consisting of 3 different groups of family staying with us and causing me to lose my model room, plus some other issues, I finally got back to working on this. I have decided to concentrate on the cockpit for now.  I spent some time cleaning up a few details I had already added (correcting shapes and sizes) then I concentrated on the instrument panel.

2014-09-08_184547r_zpsda34a5f7.jpg

2014-09-08_184700r_zps989b7105.jpg

2014-09-08_184801r_zpsb8e56e77.jpg

Please ignore the dust on the panel, I didn't see it until I looked at the pictures. I would like some feedback on this to know if it looks ok or if I should do something else.  I still have the kit panel to work with if needed.

My progress on this will continue to be slow as I have 2 other projects that need my attention.  The model club I am in is doing a group build of AmTech's 1/48 P-40 and I signed up to do a kit review for IPMS USA.  My plan is to keep all 3 builds going at the same time.

Thanks for looking.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Sorry Kevin, no progress on this one.  I got burned out on it and it is sitting on the shelf.  I keep getting the urge to bring it back out, but want to finish up some other things first.  Thanks for reminding me about this.  I do want to get it finished up.