Beaufighter Mk 1 from Revell *Completed*

BradG

Ok, engines painted and installed, I've also painted the collector rings and I'll glue them on next.

qG9bso7.jpg

I've also masked and glued on the canopy and observers bubble. After test fitting the bubble I realised that you can't see anything inside the fuselage so any effort there was wasted. There are also a few minor gaps to fill around the edges, I'll go back and do that with Testors clear parts cement once I've given them time to dry.

QjodheA.jpg

I'm not sure I am going to finish in time, but I will try. I just got my airbrush replaced today and it took over 3 weeks to get from the USA to Australia, yet it only took 6 days from Australia to the USA and thus, I have several more pressing models to finish.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Right, I've been neglecting this build for a while, other stuff has gotten in the way but I've kinda worked my way back to it. I've done some paint work as you can see, I also painted over all the areas I had to sand and have polished them back with 2000 wet and dry sand paper. Nearly ready for some camouflage.

UzHIurC.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ah masking, I really need to be in the mood to do it. I rolled some blutak into sausages and put them on in the shape of the camo pattern, lined with my good Tamiya tape. I then filled in the rest with some cheapie masking tape. No use wasting the good stuff. I might shoot some middle stone on it tonight.

E3ohZRl.jpg

UyaKl53.jpg

...and now for a little black. Exhausts and props also on now.

TDXZbvc.jpg

I also painted on the formation lights. I know in reality they were clear with coloured bulbs, but the clear parts fitted so poorly that they needed a lot of sanding down. You'll also notice I had to remove some of the radar antenna as the decals go right over those  spots. I'll reapply them after the markings go on.

RSqwY0M.jpg

Ok, decals are on and those were actually not too bad. They sat down nicely, although I would have liked the colour to be a bit more dense, but overall they were alright. I've also painted on some future gloss just because I was feeling a bit lazy and didn't want to get the airbrush out. 

Next up will be some weathering, a light wash, some pastel application and a flat coat.

28rlAbA.jpg

xqEUXr6.jpg