Welcome to the Carrier Based Aircraft GB!

DaveJ

Ah, yeah, I thought about this one for a nanosecond, too! :P I'd love to see it, if someone would try his hands on this one.

The Navy did some carrier trials with a CIA U-2R in 1969 aboard the USS America. Some infos can be found in the Squadron/Signal "In Action" issue on the U-2/TR-1 :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

Well I'm going to re-enter my 32nd scale Hornet :huh: :blink: ;)

Thanx dave for letting me in on this GB, I hoep I can finisch it off now, I'll start the thread later today, to show you guys where I am so far with this beast. Its been bugging me from day one for some odd reason, its a lovely kit and it has its shortcomings but hey don't they all, but for some reason I just keep pushing this one off my bench in favor of others :huh:

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

I've been ummming and arring about this when I saw it for the last 2 days. Is it too late? I have 2 qualifiers for this.

Never too late! AFAIK there is no cut off date for joining. And even if there were, it would be much later than this. I say go for it!

Kev

Great. I also have the Revell 1/32 Sea Venom - same as what your building except it's a rebox and moulded in white, different squadron squadron markings for the Aussie version though. I've seen plenty of Royal Navy ones but the Oz version appeals. Otherwise I could switch to the Revell Wildcat from the '70's if there's no duplicates. To be built mostly OOB.

• 2 months later...

Hey, Guys- Harv here, (the new kid on the block)...can I bring my styrene & play, too? Mentioned over in my intro thread about a started-but-stalled Hasegawa TA-4J, intended as an in-flight display for a co-worker who used to fly them in the training command as an instructor pilot with VT-7. Not much past some basic cockpit & seat dry-fitting, with a little pre-shade panel line painting, and okay, I've added & faired-in the port intake...

Has_TA-4J_Fuse1.JPG

If I get an okay, I'll post to an individual build thread.

Hey, Guys- Harv here, (the new kid on the block)...can I bring my styrene & play, too? Mentioned over in my intro thread about a started-but-stalled Hasegawa TA-4J, intended as an in-flight display for a co-worker who used to fly them in the training command as an instructor pilot with VT-7. Not much past some basic cockpit & seat dry-fitting, with a little pre-shade panel line painting, and okay, I've added & faired-in the port intake...

If I get an okay, I'll post to an individual build thread.

Go for it Harv. Your only impediment now is time!

Kev

• 2 weeks later...
I would like do bring in the FROG Hellcat, the one I got from Erwin. US Navy style. To be honest I want to try and impress Russ by doing this real fast, so no more sleep till xmas!!

Rick.

Go for it Rick. Line 'er up and kick 'er off!

Kev

• 2 weeks later...

I've just been reminded that I never included the Raffle Prizes in this thread. post-3154-1231088781.gif

I've copied the original announcement from LSP Discussion where it was first announced:

Greetings LSP Members!!

I am so excited I can barely contain myself!! I've been communicating behind the scenes for the last few days with an enthusiastic LSP member who has decided that he wants very much to add to the fun of our Group Builds by becoming a Silent Sponsor. This member wishes very much to remain anonymous, a wish I will certainly uphold, so for the sake of having a name we will call him:

The Shadow!!

After all, only the Shadow knows.... :rolleyes:

So I already have some Raffle Prizes left from the GB calendar thus far. Exactly how many will remain to be seen depending on the final outcome of the RAF GB. MANY THANKS to our current sponsors; Cammett Ltd and SPADA Decals!! Your generosity has been greatly appreciated by all at LSP!!

Here's what The Shadow is adding to our Carrier Based GB raffle prizes:

• 1/32 Hasegawa P-47D Bubbletop
  • 1/32 Hasegawa P-40E
  • 1/32 Hasegawa FW-190 'Yellow Tail'
  • 1/32 Hasegawa Ki-61-1 Hein
  • 1/32 Hobbycraft Sea Fury 'Cold War Warriors'
  • 1/32 Trumpeter F4U-1D Corsair

SIX GREAT KITS!!!!

As always since I've taken on the mantle of GB Staff, I want to emphasize that the LSP Group Builds are not contests! There are no 'winners' based on build quality, popularity or skill. To be eligible for a raffle prize in a GB you must finish a build. That's it. To keep things fair we allow a maximum of one entry into the raffle prizes (regardless of the number of finished builds) and LSP staff are ineligible. Looking at that list, I'm wondering if I should re-think that rule... :rolleyes: Our raffles are intended to help increase interest in the GBs in general, and spur a few more people towards finishing the builds they enter. They are *never* about who's build was 'best' or anything else. To me, that defeats the whole purpose. It shouldn't be about 'best' but about community, friendship, learning together and FUN.

Some legalese for everyone: (OK, I'm no lawyer, just clarity..)

If the number of completed builds is less than six, the remaining kits will be held for a future GB.

If the number of completed builds exceeds six (with these prizes it sure had better!) the winners will be chosen, as always, by a random drawing.

The prize awarded to each winning drawing will be randomly chosen as well. This may include other prizes already in the Prize Pool.

Entries in the Carrier Based GB should be roughly 25% complete or less when the GB begins. I, however, will not be doing any complex math to determine just what 25% is. Let's not see anyone applying the decals and doing the weathering to an almost completed project and calling that an entry, OK?

PLEASE join me in thanking The Shadow :rolleyes: for the extraordinary generosity of this donation!! What a treat!! It is simply another reminder of why most of us visit this site each day: Great people, selfless support, incredible information, inspirational builds and lots of fun!!

This is gonna be a great Group Build!!!

Dave and the LSP Staff