1/32 Ki-61 - I

Radub

Thanks everyone.

Yes Jay, this is also going to serve as a master. I forgot to mention that.

The 109 is still an on-going project. I have done some work on it - there should be some pictures on that soon.

Radu

Guest LSP_Jay L

Excellent news about it being a master Radu!

I meant to ask about your lathe. I am in desperate need of one now to progress with my scratching and was curious as to what you would reccomend. I am looking around, but I am indescisive about wood/metal as I think metal would be much more versataile but they are also much more expensive. Does a woodturning one do the trick with plastic?

Cheers mate,

Jay

oh boy oh boy oh boy.....I can see my Revell Ki-61-1D warmin up in the bullpen....and with this being a "master" I'm assuming that MDC will be casting the sets? Now all I have to do is correct the remaining issues (those worth correcting mind you) and I'll have an awesome Kitai 61.

Now all I have to do is pray that Hasegawa releases a better version before this goes to press and then you could knock me over with a goose feather....

AWESOME WORK MR. !! LUV IT, LUUUV IT. (BEST BUGS BUNNY VOICE)

Thanks again everyone.

Jay, I use a Clisby lathe. http://www.clisby.com.au/

I have the metal lathe but I spent a fortune on accessories ( I bough almost everything they sell). I recommend a three jaw chuck, face plates, plenty of cutting tool blanks, and the wood turning attachment. It is very basic and takes a hellof a lot of practice, but it works. It is perfect for plastic. I never had much success truying to cut metal with it but that is most likely because I am doing something wrong. You need a adjustable transformer for it - I use a Minicraft one.

Ray, the 1/24 IAR 80 is on the very long finger now. I am not sure I like it really - Modelism cut a lot of corners.

TimC, I would dearly welcome a Hasegawa kit. The good news is that the parts are as accurate as I could get them, so they are future-proof: they will be applicable to any eventual new kit. The Revell kit will need to be modified to fit these parts, not the other way round. :)

Radu

Thanks everyone,

Dan,

MDC are going to do the casting.

Thor,

The canopy will be part of the package. I hope you will be able to get it from MDC soon.

Tim,

I will take it one step at a time. I hate to make promises... I definitely have further plans with the Revell kit. I will keep everyone posted as I go along with it.

More photos later today.

Radu

Radu,

Very impressive work there (thanks for making me feel inadequate again! ;)). The quality of your patterns go without saying, so I now propose a new name to the LSP; Whenever something is given an extensive modification, or is replaced by a scratchbuilt item of this quality, it shall be known henceforth as 'Raduised' - a form of Radunisation I suppose ;). Good luck with your own future endeavours.

Best regards

Derek