Tomcat F-14D Trumpeter

Pfuf

HI yes I wil when I have the putty make some more progress on the landingear and details.

Today it started with a big fight the Ram air iflap are the easy part but first thing firts.

The air intake I tink are a bit crude specialy the front of the part 2 hours of try to get a smooth edge there is not inside detail so you have to make that your self.

Here the photo's

post-5365-1261434499.jpg

and 2 of them it is a strange so muce detail on so many parts and then this little thing I thing it did get lost forgoten to make it perfect.

The outside of the tunnel is a bid roughe to so some sanding is needed.

post-5365-1261434658.jpg

Now you can firts glue the ramair flaps like I did then glue the front peace of the air intake and if that done the back part to make it compleet.

Now if you do this then you wil have a hard time to put the ram air flaps need tight fit.

So just install them first and then do the big part with plenty of glue.

post-5365-1261435036.jpg

You have to be very patient and just do some dry fit afther you glued the ram air flaps in and do this when the glue dry's so you can move them about a bit.

It is a bit frustrating walking around with this big part for a 10 minuts LoL.

post-5365-1261435274.jpg

And sfther al this I did gleu the front ram air flpat to the side wall so the gape is gone and I wil rescripe a little gape.

I only use these little clamps to just use a very light forge on it nothing dramatic

post-5365-1261435422.jpg

So afther a working day and figth with the elements :) this is a very difficult part of the build I think and hope it feels very rigid there is some need for putty and sanding specialy the end peace.

So I hope you are warned not to take this step to lightly don´t start this if you think just before bed time ore with a beer <_< .

post-5365-1261435943.jpg

I did this when waiting for the gleu to set so I did have some fun No joking it is a bit of a fight stil not that bad I am happy .

I hope to get the wheelbay is place and spray them the nose wheel wil have to wait so I have the putty.

Have fun bb johan

post-5365-1261436228.jpg

Hi Ron I think for the price you pay you get a good kit and I love every minut of it I did not forget the little fight yesterday :) .

Today the game I played took me some time a little kit disagree whit me :yahoo: Kits Today say very grown up things to you Specialy from Turkey :yahoo:

Now I get the Putty tomorrow so the legs will get some attention there are the pushe out holes they are easy with some putty if you need to lose them buy sanding it takes some more time a tent of mm will take some time pffffff.

Here the photo's I did some preshading with black and the detail comes to live lovely detail.

post-5365-1261523673.jpg

LoL I did some extra work Trump did make extra doors for a closed option and in my enthusiasm I did not notice this soooooo I lost time cleaning and sanding out the pushe holes :)

I will give a little wash for now I will let the paint dry some day's .

The nex good thing is I have vacation till nex year that sounds super and it is :yahoo:

have fun Johan

post-5365-1261524154.jpg