Huey Helicopter/ ITS DONE/FINISHED YEEEAAAHHH!!!!

shark64

Hi Oliver, this is indeed the essence of modeling, very very inspirational and your care for details is impressive, will follow this thread with lots of interest.

Good show,

regards,

Jack ;)

;) ;) :blink:

This is...... sorry it took my breath away. THIS is modelling!!!! TOP!!!

Could you please say something about the brass parts?

Self made? What material? Thikness of brassplates etc?

I am interested in, because I have to do some detailling and reconstruction on my YF-14A in 32nd scale, and not sure yet what material to use. (Plasticsheet or Brass)

Hi Tim.

Thanks so much for the kind words. I am glad you like it.

As as the brass goes. I used thickness no bigger than .010. I buy the brass in sheets from a company called K&S from Chicago. You usually find brass products in RC shops. Any good modeling stores should have a selection of brass rods. tubing and sheets. Everything is you see is handmade. I usually do a template in styrene before the brass, it is easier to work with if you have to sand. You will need plenty of #11 blades and good scissor or metal sheer, sandpaper and various files...lets not forget a Dremel as well.

If you have any more questions I will be happy to answer them.

Oliver

You keep learning and producing results like this and you going to be teaching.

Excellent, Excellent Work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barry

Hi Barry.

Thanks so much for the interest in my helicopter. It has been challenging at times.

Oliver

Hi Oliver, this is indeed the essence of modeling, very very inspirational and your care for details is impressive, will follow this thread with lots of interest.

Good show,

regards,

Jack ;)

Hi Jack.

Thanks fot the nice words.

Yes, I like details a lot but sometimes I think it takes over. I have to take a step back because it always takes me into something else in the model.

I ll post photos when I can.

Oliver

I am seeing that youa re doing reseach on a Neptune in 1/32. Does anybody make that plane in that scale or will it be a full scratchbuild project for you ? Thats a great plane.

i am seeing that you are doing reseach on a Neptune in 1/32. Does anybody make that plane in that scale or will it be a full scratchbuild project for you ? Thats a great plane.

ah, no, there's no resin/vac kit of the Neptune, so it'll be scratchbuild indeed, but that'll be a looooooooooooooooooooong term project, ....i'm not a fast builder ;) ;)

have fun with the Huey

J :blink:

The challenge is where the learning comes from. Do you have a personal attachment to the Huey?

Keep the photos coming I am very interested in watching your build progress.

What are you using for you rivet spacing on the brass, a NWSL table?

Barry

ah, no, there's no resin/vac kit of the Neptune, so it'll be scratchbuild indeed, but that'll be a looooooooooooooooooooong term project, ....i'm not a fast builder ;) ;)

have fun with the Huey

J :blink:

Hi Jack,

I am just like you. I just dont build fast at all. It drives my friends at the modeling club crazy. The Neptune project sounds like a great one. All scratchbuild...that will impressive. Please post photos when you start.

Oliver

The challenge is where the learning comes from. Do you have a personal attachment to the Huey?

Keep the photos coming I am very interested in watching your build progress.

What are you using for you rivet spacing on the brass, a NWSL table?

Barry

Hi Barry.

I agree about the challenge of learning. As as the Huey goes, I love that helicopter. It is such an important machine in the History of US Aviation. I do fly helicopters as a hobby but I am yet to fly a Huey.

I ll keep the photos going,

Oliver