Silver Wings Planned Releases for 2013/2014/2015

Silver Wings

Some very interesting subjects on that list, especially the Fokker D XXI.

All good stuff, but the most exciting one for me is the Boeing Stearman.

Long, long overdue, and in my opinion would sell even more as an IM kit!

I'll buy one or two regardless, so well done to the SW Team for listening to all the modelers.

If it gets produced in 2014 it'll give my wallet a bit of a well needed break for once!!

Got a flight scheduled in one for next year so it'll be made in those markings.

Happy days. :frantic:

Roy.

seiran01 - at your service ;)

LSP_Kevin - Thanks for asking, first CAD drawings are being prepared. It took us 1,5 year to find a proper molds manufacturer in Western Europe. Finally we have found someone from Poland. Once we have 1st stage CAD drawings ready - we'll meet the company again in order to dicuss costs and possible obstacles.

Yes, definately we would liek to release the G.50 and Vought OS2U Kingfisher as IP kits.

Aforementioned CAD drawings conern the Kingfisher.

Learstang - As far as we know, the G.50, La5 and Yak9 are in other companies' plans but... they are known to promise and quit :)

Tnarg, Royboy - It's our plesure to listen to modelers suggestions and make dreams come true :)

Peterpools - We did not quit the P6E idea because we are afraid of anything but because other manufacturer has contacted us. After exchanging few thought they said "ok, take it" but we have realised that we have so many kits on our "to release" list that we can't focus on everything so... I wish them good luck in this project. Of course if they don't decide to release it in 2013 - we'll do it.

Guest Peterpools

So as I understand it, if the P-6E is not released by the other manufacturer, Silver Wings will release the kit in 2014. I did not mean to infer that the project was dropped due to intimidation at all but rather you wished not to compete with whoever the injected molded company is. I can understand and appreciate that but if they weren't even sure they were going to release the kit, why not move ahead with it?

Thank you for addressing my concerns and understanding my viewpoint.

Peter

I can understand and appreciate that but if they weren't even sure they were going to release the kit, why not move ahead with it?

Peter, because they were kind enough to contact us and ask if we want to release it or not. We said maybe... so after few days both sides have agreed that they will try to release the kit.

There are a few kits on that list that I definitely want. But I truly hope that order is not "set-in-stone" - PZL P-11 should be the first to be released! I volunteer to do the decals for the Romanian markings. ;-)

Radu

1) 1:32 Polikarpov I-153 Chaika (January/February 2013)

very cool looking little bipe.........but prettier with gear up.

2, and 3 are for me what I have come to expect from SW, which are great kits im sure but not subjects that ever would interest me.

4) 1:32 Vought OS2U Kingfisher

Now THERES one I didnt see coming..........but am super happy it is! Been looking forward to a Kingfisher in 32nd since my childhood.

6) 1:32 Boeing Stearman

Again, same deal.........didnt see that one coming either, but am almost as happy for a model 75 as I am (if not MORE) about the Kingfisher!! :m0152:

10) 1:32 Lavotchkin La5

Its about TIME someone put out a good La5-9 in 32nd. This one is a very cool looking fighter that the 1:1 birds size make it perfect for 1/32. Ill

If they do materialize......resin or especially injection, Ill be picking up a copy of all three without a doubt.

Edited by Out2gtcha

Yessss, a Chaika! :hi:

Very nice! So I don't have to tackle the paper kit I I have at hand. Not to mention loads of reference books still waiting to be put into use.

BTW, I prefer a company that is able to live from selling its kits over any company competeting itself out of the business with super-duper resin kits :innocent:

Regards!

- dutik

Radub - we'll try to follow the order of the list.

dutik - sorry botu I did not understand this part:

"BTW, I prefer a company that is able to live from selling its kits over any company competeting itself out of the business with super-duper resin kits". Please explain.

Your level of detail with your kits is very good and I would like to get a Chaika, PZL, Yak made by Silver Wings. It would be sad watching your company wasting assets on kits also offered by other manufacturers (and maybe going out of business due to the lack of return of investment...).

Sorry for poor English. I am not a native speaker.

- dutik

Edited by dutik

radial - is there any chance you can support us in that matter?

I assume by support that you need photos? I would definitely help out with that. I could also get measurements to confirm the documentation you already have.

The photos I have now were taken 4 mos. ago when I was planning to scratchbuild the a/c. So, anything I could do to push forward your kit release would be a pleasure.

At the moment, the a/c has been hangered for the winter and won't be accessible until April. Feel free to PM me.