• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 pep1205

pep1205

• LSP_Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 09:00 PM

Any chance of a Closed GE exhaust for the tamiya viper?

• AnthonyWan likes this

#2 pep1205

pep1205

• LSP_Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 09:01 PM

come to think of it a P&W one would be nice too =) 

• AnthonyWan likes this

#3 pep1205

pep1205

• LSP_Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 09:01 PM

oh for academy as well =)

• AnthonyWan likes this

#4 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 03:58 AM

We have made the PW for Academy for years, and it was recently updated.   The PW for Tamiya is a conversion set with the NSI intake, also been around for a while but just updated to accommodate Aires or CMK wheel wells.   For GE look to Aries.  They make one that sells for $23 at Hannants and I cannot touch one for that price, especially since the GE that comes in the box is very , very nice.

Many Thanks, Gary

email:   garyhatherly@gtresinproducts.com.      

Web Site:   www.gtresinproducts.com

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” John 1:1-4

dd34971d-1dff-4d25-b610-dddb8f8ab69c_zps

#5 Pete Fleischmann

Pete Fleischmann

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 05:05 AM

The Aires GE nozzle is open, not closed. I found a nice closed GE nozzle made by a third party on EBay. Mike Reed used it on one of his builds- wish I could tell you more, but an EBay search might bear fruit-

HTH

cheers

Pete

#6 pep1205

pep1205

• LSP_Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 04:31 PM

Thanks Pete, I have the one you are referring to =) its really excellent, but no where to be found anymore.

Gary, all those examples are of open exhausts, I'm referring specifically to closed exhausts.

#7 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:57 AM

To be honest,   Since they are only closed when under operation, most modelers build their jets parked or at rest.   To make what you are asking is a huge amount of work for only a hand full of sales.  Sorry, but that is the reality.     Why not scratch build one?   It may take you a few tries, but that is how I learned to make patterns before CAD and 3D printing.  

Many Thanks, Gary

email:   garyhatherly@gtresinproducts.com.      

Web Site:   www.gtresinproducts.com

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” John 1:1-4

dd34971d-1dff-4d25-b610-dddb8f8ab69c_zps

#8 EagleAviation

EagleAviation

LSP Junkie

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 09:19 PM

The only way to have a Viper exhaust nozzle closed on the ground is when the engine went on the secondary mode and the pilot was forced to land. In that situation the nozzle remains closed. You may try Trumpeter's nozzles from their F-14 I think they have both open and closed.  

http://eagleaviation.gr/   http://scaleindetail.com/   ioannislekkas@ymail.com

28tjmdv.jpg

#9 pep1205

pep1205

• LSP_Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 09:30 PM

The only way to have a Viper exhaust nozzle closed on the ground is when the engine went on the secondary mode and the pilot was forced to land. In that situation the nozzle remains closed. You may try Trumpeter's nozzles from their F-14 I think they have both open and closed.  

I'm thinking more in the line of inflight displays.

Already tried the Trumpeter tomcat one, its too big.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users