Revell EC135 Eurocopter 1/32 (04659)

dgassie

• 2 weeks later...

I had serious fit problems through the build. On the inside, they were easier to resolve but when it came to closing up the outer shell, I ran into a lot of trouble trying to fit the doors evenly and other panels. The final straw was trying to get the huge front glass to fit.

I was very disappointed and threw it in the trash. I realize part of it was the kit but also think a better modeler could have probably fixed what were insurmountable obstacles for me. I had put a lot of work into the interiors and was very satisfied with the results.

I won't give up on the Double Trouble group build and am trying to figure out what I'd like to build as a substitute.

I had serious fit problems through the build. On the inside, they were easier to resolve but when it came to closing up the outer shell, I ran into a lot of trouble trying to fit the doors evenly and other panels. The final straw was trying to get the huge front glass to fit.

I was very disappointed and threw it in the trash. I realize part of it was the kit but also think a better modeler could have probably fixed what were insurmountable obstacles for me. I had put a lot of work into the interiors and was very satisfied with the results.

I won't give up on the Double Trouble group build and am trying to figure out what I'd like to build as a substitute.

sorry to hear that but thats a good attitude to have.  My suggestion (unless youve already taken a ham-fist to it as I have done several times) would be to dig it out of the trash and set it somewhere out of sight. Someday you will come across it again and may think differently about the build, have more of the skills you would like, or use it for parts or maybe even inspiration of some kind...................just a thought

I've just opened this WIP thread, looking for a tip about the huge windscreen fitting. And i've just seen that you have encountered the same problem. I did not have many fitting issues and even found the kit not so bad (except the front ceiling, just above the cockpit.... very poor fitting). But i then stalled with the windscreen. The fuselage is build, puttied and sanded clean, but now i have to fit this damn windscreen and the engineering is very bad for this part. One has to glue it side by side with the fuselage. Impossible to make a sturdy gluing, except with plastic glue, but doing so would be very risky for the clear windscreen. And i dont even think about masking on this huge clear part, without ungluing it....

So mine is in a drawer for some months. Maybe one day i'll find a way to resolve this issue. Hope you will as well.

Sorry guys, I was very frustrated by the whole kit and threw it in the garbage.

It was suggested I should rescue it but I hesitated and by the time I got home from work the next day, the garbage was emptied and gone.

I don't want to come across saying the kit was faulty...it wasn't, although it certainly has its issues. As I mentioned before, I'm absolutely sure that a more skillful modeler than myself might make a great model out of this kit.

The straw that broke the camels back was when I saw it was impossible for myself to fit that huge, front bubble. That and all the fit issues I encountered (or caused) with the outside panels, ruined the project for me.

Even though I won't be participating with the Eurocopter, I haven't given up on the double trouble project. I haven't posted photos since my main PC is acting up a bit but I will post soon.

Thanks to all for following my progress or lack of it and now realize I should have documented the failure, since not every build is going to be a success.

I hope you will follow my new build. I'll post it right here but will keep it a secret for a few days and I assure it it meets Double Trouble requirements.