Supermarine Spitfire F Mk.22 | Revell/Matchbox 1:32

Kendzior

Hi, All

In January 2017 I decided to restart old Revell's Spitfire Mk. 22/24 kit, which I started around a year earlier, but gave up temporarily due to its poor fit and lack of detail - and the most important, lack of idea, how to paint it.

This time however it was most of all to be an exercise in rescribing, scratch-building and riveting (using RB tool and must say it was fun) - did this all for the very first time in such a large scale, so didn't want to spoil any better or more expensive kit...

Therefore added here some more details: upgraded wheel wells and new landing gear covers, SAC gear legs, resin wheels, formation lights, Eduard's seat belts and dashboard, CMK's resin gunsight.

This is really a vintage kit and it shows.You can find the workshop thread here.

I was hoping to get a result, which would look nice in the second row on my shelf, in Southern Rhodesian markings.

Have I won? Well, she's not perfect, please judge yourself - I hope you like it :)

Best regards
Hubert

znU3fn.jpg

6kxxsT.jpg

AeHV9D.jpg

JLWABA.jpg

gYE5WZ.jpg

31S1Jt.jpg

QbZBXk.jpg

tQMPUW.jpg

j2bCPh.jpg

lcXSw4.jpg

VItX9W.jpg

aWYe3C.jpg

ugHvCE.jpg

3jQq7y.jpg

(The prop'n'spinner are "bluetacked" only and moved a bit during the photo session... sorry for that). 

WOW!! Beautiful build.

Been thinking about getting this kit for some time but don't know if I want to but the time and effect into making this kit a respectable effort? But after seeing yours I'm leaning towards getting one now!

Keep up the work inspirational work!!

Reuben

Many thanks for all comments, very happy that you like it :)

Not an easy kit, but worth effort, because if built OOB looks quite odd. Hope that despite the wrong shapes of the nose, canopy and many other parts, it resembles F Mk.22 ;) At least from 1 m distance (32 m in 1:1 scale ;)).

More photos at my blog.

Stay tuned, best regards

Hubert

Edited by Kendzior