• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#46 JRutman

JRutman

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,681 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 05:08 PM

Brian,Jim and Joe,thanks guys for the rapid reponse and kind words.   Joe,the chickens are on the way !  Actually,thanks for the reminder as I must locate them.

J

• harvey and Out2gtcha like this

#47 Joel_W

Joel_W

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 07:19 PM

When I looked at the 1st picture, I actually thought I was looking at a real scene, and that the diorama was just outside to be photographed in natural lighting. I was just stunned when I finally figured out that I was looking at your diorama. It's absolutely as life like as one can get. Every element works well with the others to blend into a super realistic scene. One rarely sees work at this level.

Can't wait to see your next update.

Joel

• JRutman and harvey like this

KVXsWV.jpg

Just Completed: Trumpeter 1/32 Scale F4F-3 Wildcat

On my Bench: Trumpeter 1/32 Scale A-4E Scooter

#48 Hardcore

Hardcore

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 09:16 PM

What vallejo colors do you use? I am going to paint a bunch of miniart houses, in French style, soon. Also, what color was the primer?

#49 Daywalker

Daywalker

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,736 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 10:15 PM

I have seen your work before Jerry, and while VERY good this is on a whole new level. VERY realistic, I too had to go back and look at some of these photos as I honestly thought they were photos of real life. You have really captured the "look" and it is pieces like this which leave me humbled by the vision and skill you possess.

Edited by Daywalker, 27 March 2017 - 10:15 PM.

#50 DeanKB

DeanKB

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 10:23 PM

Absolutely stunning. And beautiful as well.

So utterly realistic, it takes a while to realise it's not real.

Particularly like the fence & vines, nailed a look that I would find absolutely impossible to replicate.

And it's is lovely to see such high quality work set in such a relaxing way. No weapons of war, just an exquisite, wonderfully composed little diorama. 

I honestly feel quite chilled out looking at the pics!

Jerry, you have a very rare skill indeed, thanks for taking the effort & time to share it. 

I look forward to the next instalment. 

I've a habit of starting things and not finis

#51 JRutman

JRutman

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,681 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:23 PM

When I looked at the 1st picture, I actually thought I was looking at a real scene, and that the diorama was just outside to be photographed in natural lighting. I was just stunned when I finally figured out that I was looking at your diorama. It's absolutely as life like as one can get. Every element works well with the others to blend into a super realistic scene. One rarely sees work at this level.

Can't wait to see your next update.

Joel

Thanks Joel,for the very generous comments. I appreciate them,

J

• harvey likes this

#52 JRutman

JRutman

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,681 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:27 PM

What vallejo colors do you use? I am going to paint a bunch of miniart houses, in French style, soon. Also, what color was the primer?

Color for the house ? I used mostly Vallejo yellow gray as it is the best for concrete and raw plaster but I also tint that white white and black for contrasting areas. A bit of med green for mildew at the bottome. The wooden parts are from the AK aged wood set. The roof tiles are various tones using Vallejo saddle leather as a base. The foiliage is all different shades of olive green. The house was scratchbuilt with balsa foam and sealed with a white glue mix. I will not use this stuff again. I didn't like it.

J

Edited by JRutman, 27 March 2017 - 11:28 PM.

• harvey and Hardcore like this

#53 JRutman

JRutman

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,681 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:30 PM

Daywalker and Dean,

Thanks Gents for the nice comments. This was actually done to try and relax myself a bit. So I am touched if it does the same to you. Nice of you to say. Hopefully the figs will continue that trend when I add them.

J

• harvey likes this

#54 harvey

harvey

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,072 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:51 PM

Relaxing it is Jerry ! Yes, you have a great talent for this kind of stuff and I greatly appreciate your work.......Harv

• JRutman and Joel_W like this

There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away
working on:  Tamiya F4U-2 Night Fighter
Trump P-38M BACK ON BENCH FINISHED!!!

#55 Hardcore

Hardcore

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 05:18 AM

Color for the house ? I used mostly Vallejo yellow gray as it is the best for concrete and raw plaster but I also tint that white white and black for contrasting areas. A bit of med green for mildew at the bottome. The wooden parts are from the AK aged wood set. The roof tiles are various tones using Vallejo saddle leather as a base. The foiliage is all different shades of olive green. The house was scratchbuilt with balsa foam and sealed with a white glue mix. I will not use this stuff again. I didn't like it.
J

Was it the balsa foam you didn't like? Why? What do you normally use?
Also what colors did you use for the stone foundation? Looks very nice.

Edited by Hardcore, 28 March 2017 - 05:24 AM.

• JRutman likes this

#56 JRutman

JRutman

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,681 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 01:19 PM

Was it the balsa foam you didn't like? Why? What do you normally use?
Also what colors did you use for the stone foundation? Looks very nice.

There are two types of hardness and I used the soft type. WAYY too soft. Plus,it was very hard to get a seal going so it wouldn't suck up the paint. And also,the surface is too fuzzy. The stones were shades of gray and brown,mixed up for variation. The color will depend on where in the world you want to show.

J

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users