OOB build Revell BF-109G6

1to1scale

Looks sweet!  I'm curious about adding the markings before camouflage.  Is this for location later on?

Thanks,

Gaz

I honestly don't know why more people don't do it this way. It completely avoids the white 'peekaboo' issue, produces less ridging at the edges of the masks, and you end up with less paint build up where the markings are. It's not suitable for every masking occasion, but I always look to mask and paint markings before the camouflage colours if I can.

Kev

The Revell G6 is a very enjoyable kit to build, it was the first Bf109 I'd ever done so I was a complete ignoramous about the aeroplane. Some kind soul pointed out to me, before it was too late fortunately, that the join lines of the gun trough to side engine panels need filling, it's not a panel line. :) The only other weakness in the kit is the undercarriage, weak and wobbly to such a degree that a piece of card fell into the wing of the completed model causing one u/c leg to snap off!

I very much like your build and its unusual markings.

Max

• 3 weeks later...

Did you ever have one of those builds that fought you all the way? I'm not talking about poor fit...I'm talking about self created goof ups. This is that build for me.

Along the way:

I snapped the fuel line it two immediately while cutting it off the sprue.

I accidentally trimmed off a detail in the cockpit thinking it was extra sprue.

I forgot to paint the very visible radiators in the wings and the insides of the flaps. I had to do it by hand after everything was done.

I installed the wrong tailwheel opening for the version, the scissor link won't fit now. Have to use the alternate strut.

I masked and painted the wrong canopy for the plane I was painting.

I dropped the fully pained and ready to glue in gun sight. It dropped to floor, went three feet forward, made a sharp right turn and hid itself within a box. We are talking pool table physics here, no straight lines. Took me 20 min to find it.

I masked and painted the lower wing crosses...in reverse order, yes I got white and black backward. Doh.....had to repaint.

Somehow did not airbrush the the sides of the cockpit. I will have to remask and load up the airbrush again.

To go along with the wrong canopy, I painted the right head shield, which was the wrong one for the canopy I did paint.

I am truly afraid to attach the three antennas and the pitot tube....it's inevitable I will break off at least two if them, if not all.

Edited by 1to1scale