1:32 F-90 Superstar

Dandiego

Thanks to Out2getcha,Starfighter,Rainer, Jim, Joel, Anthony,and Bill. I appreciate your comments and support over this long build.

Probably about half done.Lots of small stuff still to do.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Dan, if I may add a bit of advice- Run some weather stripping, or even caulk, around the edge of the metal platen on your box- That way, you'll get a better seal when you pull your canopy. Even a 1/4" wide strip will make a huge difference.

A small amount of progress.

The landing gear has a core of wire that will be scaled up by putting on plastic tube. I have added a small diameter tube followed by a bigger tube to achieve desired size. Each tube was split length-wise and then forced onto the wire. A lot of seat of the pants construction here. Just keep working on it until it looks right. Poor photo, sorry.

20170516_175906_zpsqgjcj9yi.jpg

And then some work on the main wheels. These are custom wheels from Harold at AMS Resin. they are beautiful. First I opened up the hole that will accept the gear and then I added a small disk to thicken up the assembly. Topped off with tiny brake calipers, also from Harold. Have no idea what the white disks are supposed to be but they fit the bill exactly. The calipers almost "snapped" in place. Sometimes you get lucky.

20170516_180900_zpsuvj6pxe9.jpg

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Small amount of progress on the landing gear.

First picture is of the main gear. Wire core with plastic tubing used to thicken it up. Wheel pushed on to get overall effect. Still lots of detailing to do.

20170526_161105_zps4l3cpgv8.jpg

Front gear, I used an F-100 metal gear as the base. Cut it up, shortened it and added the fork with the wheel from wire. Still lots to do.

20170526_160858_zpso9o8jpfe.jpg

Thats all for today.

Dan

Edited by Dandiego

Dan,

Love the start of your scratching out the main struts. Looking forward to seeing how you go about detailing them. 

Joel

Thanks Joel.

I am also looking forward to how I will go about detailing. Not really sure myself how I am going to do this.

Dsn

Well, figure out something, so I can copy your techniques!   :innocent:  :innocent:

Lee,photos of the main gear are rare and not very helpful. My biggest issue is trying to figure out what detail to model.

I am off work this week so I should actually make some progress on this project. Stay tuned.

Dan

Ok a little bit more is done.

First up are the main landing gear. I have thickened up the wire core and then have added some rings to give it that beefy look. Still not done but a lot better than before. I have also added a retraction cylinder.

20170601_164519_zps9exdxwti.jpg

I have also added some embossed thin sheet to give some rivet detail to the wells. Hard to see the rivets in the photos, hopefully they will show up when there is some paint and weathering.

20170601_164545_zpsfmqfkdgr.jpg

Nose gear being beefed up, almost there.

20170601_164415_zpspiismkah.jpg

And last for tonight is one of the splitter plates.

20170601_170358_zpstte6z76b.jpg

Toodles, Dan