He 111 P2 detail thread

• 4 months later...

Hello all :) Does anyone have pictures on how the radiator bath sits against the wheel wells? From pictures, it looks like when the undercarriage doors are closed, there is a "step" between the wheel bay and the radiator.

I am building the 1/48 Revell kit and this section doesn't quite look right, but i'm short on pictures to back that up (or put my concerns to rest!)

DSCF3393_zpsdb7upi7l.jpg

DSCF3398_zpsph7uhfwi.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks for creating this thread. I am going to go through it all as I just bought the Torpedo bomber version today and that's how I'm going to build it. A question though, would the bomb container cells still be fitted in the fuselage when the torpedo racks were fitted underneath the fuselage?

Thanks for creating this thread. I am going to go through it all as I just bought the Torpedo bomber version today and that's how I'm going to build it. A question though, would the bomb container cells still be fitted in the fuselage when the torpedo racks were fitted underneath the fuselage?

i am not sure but i am not sure you will see any of it anyway?

the 'windows' you see in the fuselage over the wing ie looking into the bomb bay, were often (may have been changed to?) hinged panels.

check pictures of the aircraft you want to build...

Thanks. I'll be doing the Torpedo armed version that comes in the box. I will start looking in to it more closer to the time of the build itself, need to gather some AM sets first. I see CMK do a few sets, is the gear bay set that much of an improvement over the kit parts? I'll probably stump up for the cockpit set, though it's listed as for the other version.

• 2 years later...