Here kitty kitty - Tiger Meet CF-104 Starfighter

BradG

This is the Hasegawa 1/48 kit, straight out of the box. I wouldn't call it one of their best as it fought all the way. Frustratingly, some parts are oversized and don't fit where they are intended to; dash, instrument panel, burner can, ejector seat and rear canopy are all oversized and need either some drastic sanding or surgury to fit. The rudder and wing leading edges are undersized (rudder particularly). After kinda overcoming these issues, I layed on the decals only to find the white is transparent.....damn it!

Unlike the Revell kit, which has a similar scheme in it, you don't get any decals for the black. I painted the aircraft overall white then yellow, 3 coats of yellow!. I then masked up all the tiger stipes with sasuages of blu tack and a sheeeet load masking tape and put the black on. Unlike most of my other models I didn't do much weathering as this aircraft was pretty much spotless and pretty shiney, so I put on a thin coat of future, did a little weathering in the undercarriage bay and called it done.

I resisted the urge to simply put this down as I'm having a bit of a Tiger Meet build off with a friend for Eagles Day (on October 14th) and I've always wanted to build this aircraft as it looks cool. I've since bought several other Tiger Meet decals and books.

g_zpsf2167d5b.jpg

e_zps4a6923c3.jpg

c_zps5d23c2e6.jpg

b_zps550fbbc4.jpg

3_zps8caa0d17.jpg

5_zps475ac2cf.jpg

• 2 weeks later...