Revell 1/32 F/RF-4 Phantom

ReccePhreak

Did you notice that the two photos posted show two different styles?

The second photo shows a "modified" version of the first.

One of the problems with the one in the first photo was they had no secure hand hold.

The long vertical molding in the first version did not have the "hand holds".

Notice the second one does.

When it was raining or wet it was a bear to hold and get into place.

It was even worse if it was windy! It was like wrestling with a sail without a handle.:fight:

They were likely from different manufactures and I have no idea which came first.

One would think that the "improvements" shown in the second photo would mean it came later.

However it is just as likely it was a "cheaper" version (government spending)as it was an "improved" version! :o

Barry

Did you notice that the two photos posted show two different styles?

The second photo shows a "modified" version of the first.

One of the problems with the one in the first photo was they had no secure hand hold.

The long vertical molding in the first version did not have the "hand holds".

Notice the second one does.

When it was raining or wet it was a bear to hold and get into place.

It was even worse if it was windy! It was like wrestling with a sail without a handle.:fight:

They were likely from different manufactures and I have no idea which came first.

One would think that the "improvements" shown in the second photo would mean it came later.

However it is just as likely it was a "cheaper" version (government spending)as it was an "improved" version! :o

Barry

Yes, and the first pic shows the cover is not very stiff. It looks like a cheap, thin cover. The second one is flat and more solid looking.

• 2 weeks later...

Perfect. thanks..

Here is a clearer pic..

fod-1.png

I have this version of the FOD protection covers mocked up and now in rubber. They will be for the Tamiya kit first. The Revell version will come later.

Barry will get a set this week. I need someone to verify they fit properly, I no longer have either kit. I am using the FOD cover I made before as a reference.

Cheers,

Harold