New EagleCals for the F4U-1a Corsair - in time for the Tamiya 1:32 kit

Judyc

We have just approved the profiles for our two new sheets for the F4U-1a Corsair - just in time for the Tamiya 1:32 kit! We will also offer them in 1:48 and 1:72 for those interested! Here they are in no particular order:

We'll post them on our site soon for pre-orders,

Happy Modeling,

Judy - Eagle EditionsBrattIII.jpgStreig.jpgNZ5248.jpgLusciousLil-Nan.jpgLucybelle.jpgLAcityLimits.jpgKepford.jpgBigHog.jpg

Edited by Judyc

Note that this is a pre-proof profile depicted here of Boyingtons "86" and his name is not visible on the fuselage side. When the profile is published with the decal sheet, the fuselage will be so marked and decal supplied.

It should be noted this not his "assigned" aircraft but was used during a wartime publicity photo shoot that saw his name and other markings fixed to a squadron Corsair.

HTH

Mark Proulx

It is worth noting that Kepford flew more than on F4U in his time with VF-17. The scheme shown here, his second aircraft, (but first numbered 29), was destroyed in a crash landing at Piva Yoke, Bougainville. This happened on Jan 31, 1944 after damage resulting from air combat.

HTH

Mark Proulx

Well, it appears there may be some interest in the subject matter. I am discussing it with EE at this time to see if we have an opportunity to sneak in an additional sheet into the production schedule.

Like everything, timing will play a significant factor in any decision moving ahead...

Mark Proulx

That would be swell. Lt Donald Sheppard RCNVR, was the only Fleet Air Arm Corsair ace in the pacific theater, and I find it hard to believe that no one has done any of his Corsair II markings, given the release of this kit. When speaking of "timing", I would suggest that this omission is rather poor timing in my humble opinion.

Cheers

Brad

That would be swell. Lt Donald Sheppard RCNVR, was the only Fleet Air Arm Corsair ace in the pacific theater, and I find it hard to believe that no one has done any of his Corsair II markings, given the release of this kit. When speaking of "timing", I would suggest that this omission is rather poor timing in my humble opinion.

Cheers

Brad

Totally agree.

Hopefully we will see FAA decals soon with this Canadian topic.

Hi Mark,

In all hindsight, you may be correct. Pics are few and far between; however, I've used the stories, with pics, from Vintage Wings of Canada, to build my 1/48 scale Corsair II's:

http://www.vintagewings.ca/VintageNews/Stories/tabid/116/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/468/language/en-CA/Navy-Blue-Fighter-Pilot-Episode-One.aspx

http://www.vintagewings.ca/VintageNews/Stories/tabid/116/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/471/language/en-CA/Navy-Blue-Fighter-Pilot-Episode-Two.aspx

http://www.vintagewings.ca/VintageNews/Stories/tabid/116/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/475/Navy-Blue-Fighter-Pilot-Episode-Three-Until-the-Bitter-End.aspx

There are well done profiles, but no pics that I am aware of, and I also realize how much research goes into a project such as this. Looks like I'll be looking for AdAstra to make me masks for my project.

All the best.

Brad