Dragon Bf110E

mozart

• 2 months later...

The Bf110E is very nearly complete.  The few decals that I have used were much too bright and clean when put against the neglected paintwork of the plane, so they've been lightly sprayed with a dark grey/brown mix.  I replaced the plastic sections of the under-fuselage FuG1 2 landing antennae with wire so it's more of a scale appearance and I've added the radiator flap indicators from stretched sprue, they may be a little tall at the moment so may be redone:

Osx2Ao.jpg

CFWe7S.jpg

pHWHtZ.jpg

YvzUlD.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Something very rare may happen today!!  There is a distinct possibility, perhaps even a probability if I dare be so bold, that I may finish a model!!  All that's left to do on the Bf110E is to rig the aerial wire, insulators etc et voila, c'est fini!

I'm really surprised given the level of detail in this kit that the pilot's grab handles haven't been included, like they are in the Bordfunker's position, so I've been adding these and the closing lever:

itbWq2.jpg

uxiJi1.jpg

Hoping to get some reasonable shots later of the completed model, fingers crossed. :)

A brilliant job Max,

I had an enjoyable read with a good coffee and great subject. It has certainly reinforced the large Bf110 desire that sits in the back of my head. With 2 Dragon 110E trops sitting in the loft, one for Pastor John’s conversion, this scheme has me hooked for the other.What colour did you use for the ID markings “G9+LN” ? 

Regards,

Thanks Kent, Bf110's are fascinating planes; I've certainly built more of them than any other single type in all scales.  I can now "with a clear conscience" get on with my G4.  I think I used Ocean Grey for the codes, didn't really have an RLM colour-match paint handy and OG is close enough! :)

Edited by mozart

Very nice work Max and lovely finish, I look foward to your RFI pictures! 

Been back working on my G-4 again this week after a break away from it but have the urge to complete it now.

Regards. Andy

Cheers Andy, it's far too bright right now for photographs but I'm keeping a careful eye on the light as the evening progresses!  At least she's finished, even if I don't manage to get any shots today.  Looking forward to more instalments on your G4. :)

• 3 years later...
On 12/24/2017 at 7:57 PM, mozart said:

Now that Pastor John has produced a conversion set for the Bf110G-4 (for which I'm using a Dragon E-2 as a base kit), I can finally start to build the kit that I've been saving for some years, a Bf110E Nachtjager, circa 1942:

tTaLAd.jpg

I'm using Brett Green's book as my guide for painting and trying to achieve something like the finish that he and Chris Wauchop manage:

ansoFf.jpg

OEtjTB.jpg

I'm going to build Heinz Schnaufer's first operation Bf110 when he was with NJG1, G9+LN:

0DBgaX.jpg

8ZuHld.jpg

and a little interesting detail of a Bf110E being re-fuelled with some well-weathered areas:

mnCfTW.jpg

Dragon's instruction sheet is widely known to be "vague" at best, so progress is going to be very carefully checked - with the exception of the IP the crew area is all dry fitted:

qwCp8E.jpg

x1l7K2.jpg

vxgjHJ.jpg

kBGCj1.jpg

The plane will be built OOB apart from the exhausts; Quickboost's hollowed out ones are far superior!

qYzoBL.jpg

Just having another read of this lovely build for inspiration Max, can't have to many 110's

Regards. Andy