WNW interior procedure?

Gazzas

I've seen a few WNW builds and they almost all caution about paint in the joins.

So my question is: 

Do you paint before you put the interior framing together, scraping paint from the joins?

Or, do you glue the interior framing together, then paint it before adding detail parts?

Thanks!

Gaz

It depends for me. The more I can glue before painting the better. However, it seems like inevitably I need to paint all the parts separately before attaching everything. It seems that a quick test fit will tell me if I need to remove paint or not. Sometimes I do remove it, and sometimes I can get away without removing it.

Glue as much as possible unpainted. However, the joy/terror of these kits is that there are so many parts with so many different colours. Wood graining also adds complication. Therefore, I inevitably end up having to scrape paint off in order to get parts to fit. 

In my experience it is very rare that I don't need to scrape/sand paint off in order to get a good fit.

You will have to do both approaches depending on the kit and the assembly step.

As others have said, glue absolutely everything that can be glued without paint.  At some point you will have to paint stuff first.  When joining that, I have a "garbage" bottle of paint-tinted Tamiya super thin glue and I use the glue to clean the part's edge.  

There is no single rule for how to do this.  You have to do what works as you go and keep changing what you are doing as the situation calls for change.

It all works in the end though.

I agree with what was said above, really every kit is different, but try to assemble as many things you can. Some items, it's better to assemble before paint, like the thin tube framework in the Fokker, the tiny little connections don't take well to glueing with paint on them.

Just dropped into this thread by accident. For WNW kits, I find that with big mating surfaces either mask with blue tac where you can and/or a cotton swap damp with safe laquer thinner to clean any paint off. Small parts,yes, glue together unpainted and handpaint. I try to avoid any sanding/scraping on WNW kits wherever possible- they fit together so stupidly well it is a shame to mess with their kit engineering.