Curtiss Kittyhawk (P-40E, Hasegawa)

Carl, I didn't even think about it, yet. I will prime it though (black or dark grey) and will lay down some silver to simulate chipping. Primer to ease any seam issues and for the silver to stick. Why the interior green base coat?

The montex masks come with the interior masks for the windshield and canopy which I've primed with black followed up by the interior green -- far more convincing than shooting straight interior green from the outside. So no worries there, Carl.

I'm still working the seams and will be able to shoot my first primer coat tomorrow to check my work. This kit is a lot more work than I expected, but I try to keep things in perspective given the type of projects ongoing on these forums. Have Happy 4th!

(It's peak cycling season which eats into the bench time, but I still fiddle here and there for about an hour a night.)

Cool! I hadn't realized you had painted them on the inside already.

Don't tell me you're a MTB'er too Shaka. I need to get onto the trails myself but at least I've been able to get some rides in.

Carl

Edited by BloorwestSiR

Still chugging away with the seams, if only for a few minutes at a time. The forward root wings is especially bad on my sample -- so I actually used some Tamiya putty. I hate sanding putty, but the Perfect Plastic putty just didn't work here. I just could not ignore this area (see the pict above).

Reading Scott's book to stay motivated!

f0uah9K.jpg

Wow this place is slow! Not much done...more seam correction/priming to check the work. I finished up the prop...no one else is updating anything so why not? I'm not sure if the weathering is accurate, but it's difficult to find actual period photos of this aircraft in high resolution so..I made some things up.

hiNwfbM.jpg

No worries, Carl...I would be out myself, but my right ankle is a bit swolleen...so I've been resting up a bit.

Any one know what this is? I see models and picts of the actual aircraft with/without it. Looks to be a camera and I would like to leave it off as it disrupts the lines of this aircraft, unless someone can convince me otherwise...

LU9p6rn.jpg