Photo

My modeling while insane "In progress" report. :)

• Please log in to reply
537 replies to this topic

#526 CANicoll

CANicoll

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 02:48 PM

Dale,

Your subjects to build are very interesting - I've never seen those markings before and they look really cool.  Hang in there with your meds but it is really good to see your continued (modeling and health) progress.  Your talents with the martial arts and music are inspiring and you are leading an interesting life.

Keep up the work and your posts!

Chris

• harvey and mpk like this

On the bench:  Eduard 1/72 F6F-3 Hellcat

In the Case:  1/28 Fokker DR I 'Red Baron',   Big Beautiful Doll  KH P-39 Snooks 2nd 1/48 Eduard P-39D Air A Cutie1/72 Academy Helldiver; 1/72nd Eduard Albatros DV;1/28 Revell Spad XIII1/32 Roden Fokker DR I

Coming:  SH Tempest Hi-Tech?; SH P-39 or maybe the Tamiya 1/32 P-51D Duchess Arlene and lots of Barracuda stuff?

#527 LSP_Kevin

LSP_Kevin

• Administrator
  • 37,056 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:36 PM

I think you're making some really fantastic progress, mate! Keep it up.

Kev

#528 mpk

mpk

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 11:09 PM

Dale,

Your subjects to build are very interesting - I've never seen those markings before and they look really cool.  Hang in there with your meds but it is really good to see your continued (modeling and health) progress.  Your talents with the martial arts and music are inspiring and you are leading an interesting life.

Keep up the work and your posts!

Chris

I think you're making some really fantastic progress, mate! Keep it up.

Kev

Thanks you guys. The inspiration you provide humbles me greatly.

I taught drums on Saturday. As I mentioned here in the past, I do it more for the love of it than in order to make a living. as such I teach people who are in some difficulty. One such student is a kid with the same cancer as myself. I am worried about him. He often has to cancel due to the pain episodes he experiences. Much like mine last week. And what seems today also...

Nice kid. I hope he comes through it.

On the modeling front yesterday being Sunday saw various bits and pieces done to my 109's. Unsure if I can model today, but will try.

On a positive note, I managed to get my Harder and Steenbeck Infinity airbrush repaired. You may recall I bought it "new" and it never worked. Well it turns out the parts in it, such as the needles, were not even Harder and Steenbeck! I was totally ripped off.

However the person who imports the brand into Australia offered to repair it free of charge. All I had to pay for was parts. He then gave me a 10% discount and for just $62.00 it has all been repaired and will arrive at my door tomorrow.

Pretty cool. I will then have 4 airbrushes! Infinity, Iwata, Sparmax and Paasche Talon. :)

As for the martial arts. Not many photos exist of myself before I owned a mobile with a camera. So not many photos are in my possession. Not even band publicity shots. I was never keen about keeping them or sentimental. So there are only a few of me doing martial arts. Of around the 6 I own, this is a favourite. It's a technique I learned doing Tang soo do and Tae kwon do, called a Jumping sidekick. Take no notice of the white belt. It's my mate's spare uniform. I think I was around 19 or so and was already a second dan. I hope you like this blast from the past.

Jumping_Side_Kick1.jpg

• harvey and Shaka HI like this

Member MPK is slightly, yeah, we'll go with "slightly", insane. Expect it in MPK's posts. Insanity has a way of exposing itself.

Hang on, what?" ;)

I like everyone here too much to stop posting. 

#529 Shaka HI

Shaka HI

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:06 AM

Awesome, Dale...definitely don't want to be at the receiving end of such a kick. I hope that guy's still alive...

:)

Ahhh reminiscing about the the past..you know you're getting up there when you start doing that....

#530 mpk

mpk

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 01:39 AM

I just knocked a bottle of Alclad airbrush cleaner over and it spilled on many of the parts of the G10 I was working on yesterday. Melted them instantly. Is it straight Acetone or something? I ran them under water right away but the damage had been done.

Luckily it wasn't the Tojo, George or 109F.

Damn. expensive model, too. :(

• Martinnfb and harvey like this

Member MPK is slightly, yeah, we'll go with "slightly", insane. Expect it in MPK's posts. Insanity has a way of exposing itself.

Hang on, what?" ;)

#531 harvey

harvey

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,061 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 01:47 AM

Dale, sit down, take a deep breath and relax. Tomorrows another day.......Harv

• Shaka HI and mpk like this

There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away
working on:  Tamiya F4U-2 Night Fighter
Trump P-38M BACK ON BENCH FINISHED!!!

#532 Shaka HI

Shaka HI

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 02:06 AM

Or just kick something. Sorry to hear Dale.

• mpk likes this

#533 Martinnfb

Martinnfb

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,998 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 02:09 AM

Need the list of damaged parts Dale. thanks

M.

• harvey, Shaka HI and mpk like this

XL2GeqP_zps3lufxod9.png
In progress:   D-13 ; Ta-152V7 ; Mig-29 ; EMIL ; P-39 Аэрокобра ; Avia S-199 ; K-14 what if

Done:            F-8 F-8 Wurger Party ; D-9 ; D-15; Ta-152E ;

#534 mpk

mpk

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 02:19 AM

Yeah Harv ypu're right. I've been forcing myself to work through a physical condition as a way of taking my mind off it. better to just lay off for a while. man, that stuff is strong. I must check the composition of it. If it's just acetone I may as well just buy that. Luckily it was a spare time model. hasegawa don't come cheap though. I still have a revell G-10 and a resin cockpit already built for it. Tomorrow I may get back into the tojojo. i did some work earlier on the george. I also managed to fix the supercharger cooler on the g-10 using Mr surfacer. 

So not a total waste. I may take the week off models and this health issue may pass. I'll spend it working on drum technique on my practice pad.

A shame though. I feel for the first time I had dome everything right.

At least I showed growth.

• harvey, Daniel460 and Shaka HI like this

Hang on, what?" ;)

#535 harvey

harvey

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,061 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 02:23 AM

Don't we all Dale. Answer Martin and do some druming.....Harv
  • Daniel460, Shaka HI and mpk like this

There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away
working on:  Tamiya F4U-2 Night Fighter
Trump P-38M BACK ON BENCH FINISHED!!!

#536 Daniel460

Daniel460

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 03:19 AM

Hey Dale, that Alclad is a Lacquer based paint so it would be lacquer thinner that you spilled. It's pretty mean on plastic....  :wacko:

Dan

• harvey, Shaka HI and mpk like this

#537 mpk

mpk

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 04:26 AM

Don't we all Dale. Answer Martin and do some druming.....Harv

Thanks Harv. Martin and I have been in contact via Skype.

Hey Dale, that Alclad is a Lacquer based paint so it would be lacquer thinner that you spilled. It's pretty mean on plastic....  :wacko:

Dan

It sure is.

Lesson learned. Expensive lessons are easiest to remember. :)

I am so glad because not 10 minutes before I had put the George aside. (It had been sitting right where the spill took place) The George is starting to look good. I find the tail plug is annoying though. I am considering just using CA as filler and re-scribing everything. 

Martin's proving to be a great help. Legend!  :goodjob:

• Shaka HI likes this

Hang on, what?" ;)

#538 MostlyRacers

MostlyRacers

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 05:34 AM

Dale, mate, I reckon I had not checked in the last 10 days on your thread, and I am sorry to read you have had to come back to heavy doses of meds.

Anyway, nice progress on your builds. They really look good, and the different schemes are a real plus.

If you can, find a square piece of wood in which you will drill a hole the dia of Alclad bottles. This way, they will be more stable. We have all been through this drill of spilling a bottle on our work area, sometimes many times :whistle:, and the only ways to avoid it are : 1) what I recommend above, 2) keep the work area clear to 3) put the dangerous bottles within reach, yet out of the normal trajectory of our hands and their attached arms :) .
Last time I did that was not that long ago, because I had just forgotten all the above. The container was a glass yoghourt pot, and the content pure acetone :( . Fortunately no plastic parts were in the path of the spill (by a narrow margin) but the cutting mat got an additional beating. Then I remembered my wise words :BANGHEAD2: !

And, btw, wear gloves and wrap the Alclad bottles in a paper towel when shaking them before use. Although it should not happen, there are many stories of the bottle exploding because of the shocks of the steel ball inside.

Keep it coming mate. You're doing good :popcorn:

Hubert

Edited by MostlyRacers, 27 March 2017 - 05:35 AM.

• Shaka HI likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users