Trumpeter 1/32nd scale F-8 Crusader WIP of VF-11 "Red Rippers"

Tomcat14

Hey Guys, sorry for the big delay in posting some pics up on the Crusader build, just been extremely busy at work. Any way I finally got some paint on here using Vallejo Model air light gull grey along with some model master white for the underside and some various other paint colors. Just put a gloss coat on here so I can get started on the decals for the squadron. I have Changed my mind on the Squadron I was going to do from VF-62 "Boomerangs" to now doing VF-11 "Red Rippers" squadron. I have these decals in 48th scale but will have to upscale them to 32nd scale and hope to have them ready for decaling soon. This is all I got for now but hope to have some more pics up next week sometime. Enjoy. 

Chris

20170326_130930_zpsr0ympezj.jpg

20170326_130916_zps1sckrn0o.jpg

20170326_172557_zps6t0dg4vt.jpg

Edited by Tomcat14

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Fellas, Got some time this weekend to put on the decals for the Crusader Build. The decals that I up scaled in size from 1/48th to 1/32nd for the VF-11 "Rippers: went on Flawlessly with out any problems and they fit to specs pretty spot on. I did a gloss coat over them today and will let cure until next weekend which I hope to start doing some panel wash and weathering on it. Enjoy and catch you all next weekend.

Chris

20170409_201534_zpsbybqa4pn.jpg

20170409_201614_zpsvywh6xa2.jpg

20170409_201546_zpsannj68fv.jpg

20170409_201600_zps9dz55kub.jpg

20170409_201643_zpsarc0mlbw.jpg

• 1 month later...

High Guys, I know I know, :whistle: not much postings from me lately,  but I have been Extreemely Buisy at work :deadhorse:  and I have kinda sorta lost my modeling mojo here lately, :mental: but I promise to have an update real soon here, maybe by Sunday.  :innocent:  

Chris.

I recognize those markings- Isn't that the one where the starboard main gear broke off, dragging the magnesium strut down the deck like a matchstick? IIRC, that thing ignited with the ferocity of a road flare. I hope the pilot survived.